Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Fuel Filter Location

FLEXA

hi everyone..looking to replace my fuel filter for is200. could anyone please advise me where the fuel filter is located,, ive had a good look around engine bay and underneath, am i missing sumthing.. thanx. and should this be a DIY job or should i take it to a garage??

• 13 years later...
On 10/11/2010 at 2:55 PM, sparkystav said:

It's in the tank attached to the fuel pump. You don't need to change it though.

What do you mean you don’t need to change the fuel filter I have a 2006 gs300 and I was told my fuel filter was bad that’s why my car isn’t starting up it cranks over but no start it did start up once and plutter then died now it won’t start Battery is good too.

24 minutes ago, Jennifer brown said:

What do you mean you don’t need to change the fuel filter I have a 2006 gs300 and I was told my fuel filter was bad that’s why my car isn’t starting up it cranks over but no start it did start up once and plutter then died now it won’t start battery is good too.

The fuel filter is attached to the pump in the fuel tank. It isn’t changed regularly as part of a service but clearly if you have a fuel delivery issue then the filter and pump should be inspected. 

My 2006 gs300 awd Lexus first started running rough then vibrating and started to plutter then I went to leave & it wouldn’t start but crank over it not the Battery that is good so left it alone two days later I try starting it again and it started right up then plutter out & died & hasn’t start up again but cranks over a friend told me it was the fuel filter so I called to get it fix and was told there wasn’t a fuel filter in this car so now I’m confused & don’t know what to do or how to even find out what’s wrong with it because I can’t drive it to know shop have any ideal..?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links