Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motor Show

steveskeggy

News today that the Briish motor show for 2012 has been cancelled because:

"The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) announced today that the show would not go ahead in 2012 as planned

following a consultation with the UK motor industry – apparently because they weren't interested."

Question is, what UK motor industry?

Are they talking about Morgan?

Either way its screwed up another bloody good day out, thanks for nowt SMMT.

Which is why we have lost the motor show.

Some daft bint gets kicked off the X Factor and the whole country is up in arms.

The country looses a national event and the response is " well it was a bit **** anyway"

We should be shouting at the top of our voices trying to save the show.

I used to love the Motor Show,my Dad used to take me to Earls Court when I was younger then I always took myself to the NEC in later years.

There is the Footman James Classic Car Show at the NEC 12-14th November 2010 (probably the only motor show where you can still see old but nevertheless British cars)

One thing has surprised me there is no LOC stand,my 1994 LS is apparently becoming a classic.

Perhaps something could be arranged for next year I wouldn't mind getting involved.

Which is why we have lost the motor show.

Some daft bint gets kicked off the X Factor and the whole country is up in arms.

The country looses a national event and the response is " well it was a bit **** anyway"

We should be shouting at the top of our voices trying to save the show.

Fair point, but if the manufacturers won't come it makes no difference whether the show's there or not. They need footfall for the massive expense to make sense - if they only get a handful at the shows (and mainly enthusiasts like us who aren't really looking to buy a car) then it doesn't make financial sense for them.

Similar to what's happened to the ideal home show to a certain extent...............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links