Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Hid Kits.. 6000K? 8000K? 10000K?

Rez89

as title says.... i'm probably the only person here that hasnt done this mod but hey its never too late is it lol

i want to order a hid kit this week but am just deciding which one would be suitable. i am after the effect that the mercs,audi's and other cars that have xenons. also want that effect that people know that the lights i have are not just standard ones with extra power, so bascially wana go for the full on Xenon effect lol.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the 6k bulbs mate, they look good and they won't get you into trouble come MOT time and with the rozzers.

Plenty of HID kits on eBay, try and find a kit with the slim ballasts- these will be easier to fit. There's a seller on eBay (can't remember his name) that sells a decent HID kit for the IS200 for £56 inc delivery- I got one of his kits last year- they are of a good quality.

Go for the 6k bulbs mate, they look good and they won't get you into trouble come MOT time and with the rozzers.

Plenty of HID kits on ebay, try and find a kit with the slim ballasts- these will be easier to fit. There's a seller on ebay (can't remember his name) that sells a decent HID kit for the IS200 for £56 inc delivery- I got one of his kits last year- they are of a good quality.

do the 6k bulbs have the Xenon effect from a far distance? i am thinkin either 6k or 8k. but i think the majority people have 6k to be on the safe side with the mot an stuff.... so might just go for 6k

i was on eBay and the kit that i want to buy is only the MAIN BEAM one right? gettin confused with the other ones such as dipped....

thanks

i was on ebay and the kit that i want to buy is only the MAIN BEAM one right? gettin confused with the other ones such as dipped....

thanks

No mate, you want the dip beam kit.

(MAIN BEAM are the lights you turn on when in extra dark places and no-one is coming towards you or when you flash your lights - DIP BEAM are your normal night time driving lights)

i was on ebay and the kit that i want to buy is only the MAIN BEAM one right? gettin confused with the other ones such as dipped....

thanks

No mate, you want the dip beam kit.

(MAIN BEAM are the lights you turn on when in extra dark places and no-one is coming towards you or when you flash your lights - DIP BEAM are your normal night time driving lights)

cheers for that mate, appreciate it. thanks

I got mine from HIDs4U who are admittedly more expensive, may have bought off eBay for around the £60 mark. As above you need the dipped beam, and they are 9006 fitting if I remember correctly.

My 8000Ks used to have no problems with the MOT or police so don't worry about that, just pick whichever you prefer. But I must add that having switched to 5000K it is amazing how much more light is put out on the road so that's worth bearing in mind too.

lot of confusion over these things........................

mot wise cant fail on colour but can fail on alighnment/patteren..

police wise same they wont pull you for the colour but will pull you for dazzeling other drivers...

so my advice soon as their fitted get them alighned at your local mot place/garage and you should have no greef what ever the colour.

i have been running 10k's dipped and 8k's full beam for approx 1.5 years and never been stopped yet or had mot problems

but as said the choice is yours i just liked the blue glow from the 10k's

cheers for the responses guys. i am going to order two kits 2mro because my mate wants one too, so gona get one 6k and 8k and which ever one i like the most i am going to have on my car as my mate is not fussy on these things like me lol

thanks alot guys :)

cheers for the responses guys. i am going to order two kits 2mro because my mate wants one too, so gona get one 6k and 8k and which ever one i like the most i am going to have on my car as my mate is not fussy on these things like me lol

thanks alot guys :)

All manufacturers choose to fit HIDs of about 4300k. This is not a random choice but because of the human eye's response and light-scatter by moisture particles (the faintest mist to dense fog) which means that this colour temperature provides the best view ahead and minimises glare/dazzle to on-coming traffic. This has been widely researched.

There is a simple rule: Colour temperature above 4300k might be "cool" or even seem brighter to look at but you will see less.

can someone please do an output shot?

I want to see how the cutoff looks

i think its either kam05 or parthiban that have done a output shot on here somewere because i remember seeing it.

i will try an do one when i have figured out how to get my kit to operate. got it this morning and i plugged it in an np light comes on!

i need some help guys an girls, i got my hid kit last week and i connected it all up and there was no power, so i called the company up and i sent the kit back and today they sent me TWO hid kits for some reason, so i tried both of them on and still have no power from the kit. the kit i got was a 50w, 8000k

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-99-01-50W-9006-HID-Conversion-Kit-/220636954318?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335efcbece

i dont know what to do now, should i get the company to send me another one or should i get my money back?

also has anyone on here had problems with installing a hid kit on there car? thanks

i need some help guys an girls, i got my hid kit last week and i connected it all up and there was no power, so i called the company up and i sent the kit back and today they sent me TWO hid kits for some reason, so i tried both of them on and still have no power from the kit. the kit i got was a 50w, 8000k

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-99-01-50W-9006-HID-Conversion-Kit-/220636954318?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335efcbece

i dont know what to do now, should i get the company to send me another one or should i get my money back?

also has anyone on here had problems with installing a hid kit on there car? thanks

try turning the plug round that plugs into the ballast so the + is at the - and the - is at the +

happened to lots off peeps on here inc me.........

try turning the plug round that plugs into the ballast so the + is at the - and the - is at the +

happened to lots off peeps on here inc me.........

Ormi you are a genious! thank you very much! just tried it now and it works fine.

well i have finally fitted my hid kit and i love it! i went for 8000k in a 50w kit and from the lights i had before (Xenon bulbs 6000k) these are 10times better an brighter so cant complain, i got the looks i wanted an i now have extra brightness.

also i have one spare kit, called the company up and they said i can have the second kit for £35 if i want to pass it on to a friend (saves them hassle apprently as its opened and out the package).... if not they will arrange a courier to collect the kit. so if anyone wants the kit for £35 +£6 postage (8000k, 50w, boxed up) pls let me no before monday. thanks

bit late but i got 6ks and have had them for about 8 motnhs. just ordered 10ks on monday nite just to try something diferent. all the talk of getting into trouble is silly as my mate had 15ks on his vectra and never got pulled once plus if yu look at som chrysler 300cs the colour of the headlights on them is around the 15k mark.

best bet for anyone else thinking of getting these is to search for hb4(9006 kids on eBay instead of lexus as many places bump the price up because its a lexus.

bit late but i got 6ks and have had them for about 8 motnhs. just ordered 10ks on monday nite just to try something diferent. all the talk of getting into trouble is silly as my mate had 15ks on his vectra and never got pulled once plus if yu look at som chrysler 300cs the colour of the headlights on them is around the 15k mark.

best bet for anyone else thinking of getting these is to search for hb4(9006 kids on ebay instead of lexus as many places bump the price up because its a lexus.

ive had 10k for a few years now(blue light)and 8k for my fullbeam

15k looks shocking very poor light output the 300cs the hid temp range for them is between 10k and 12k bule/purple light..

15k is just purple........

chart.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links