Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

I just recieved my 2010 IS220D F-Sport (not MM) this week and have a query regarding the USB socket/iPod integration.

So far, I have connected my iPhone4 to the USB socket using the standard sync cable and can get it playing tracks from the iPod section of the phone without problem.

However, what I'm finding is that every now and then (particularly within a few mins of starting the car and setting off) that the sound disappears. The display still shows it playing (with the timer still incrementing) and the Iphone still shows that it's connected but there's just no audio - i can change tracks, go from FM back to iPod and it makes no difference - to get it playing again, I have to unplug and plug the device back in and then press Aux again and then it's fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

I am also curious about the USB port. I downloaded songs from ITunes to a memory stick and my 2010 IS350C won't recognize it. Tried formatting and still not reading, the lite inside the sticks slowly blinks. Hopefully someone out there know the answer, salesman didn't know.

I am also curious about the USB port. I downloaded songs from ITunes to a memory stick and my 2010 IS350C won't recognize it. Tried formatting and still not reading, the lite inside the sticks slowly blinks. Hopefully someone out there know the answer, salesman didn't know.

When you say copied from iTunes, how do you mean - copied from the iTunes downloaded music folder? The default audio format for music downloaded in iTunes is AAC which I don't belive is supported by most 3rd party players including the IS's audio system. The USB stick may also need to be formatted using FAT/FAT32 filesystem instead of NTFS or the MACos equivalent (I'm not certain about this but I know other car audio systems such as VWs require a FAT filesystem on the USB device).

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very similar issue when I recently had a courtesy car for a day.

I had a memory stick full of MP3’s and I found if I put the memory stick in whilst the car was running it played fine, if I stopped the engine for instance at a petrol station, the mp3 playback would not resume until I had removed and reinserted the memory stick.

This was a little irritating but since I only had the car for a day I didn’t bother reporting it.

Ben

Just a quick update - in additional to the issue in my OP, there was another issue that was evident which was the occasional crackle during playback (almost sounded like an old vinyl player) - and it appears that it's an issue with iOS 4/4.1 and USB playback which is resolved in the upcoming 4.2 update. Bluetooth audio works fine (albeit missing tracknames etc).

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2574930&start=150&tstart=30

Speaking of using a USB flash drive though - I tried this and, while the audio sounded fine, the tracks were being played in what appeared to be a random order.. I selected a folder and it played only the tracks within that folder, but in some random order that I couldn't quite fathom (no shuffle). It certainly wasn't using the filename, nor did it appear to be using the ID3v2 so I need to do a bit more inevstigation into what actually defines the order of play within each folder.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links