Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Air Intake For The Aircon Seats?

Does anyone know where the air intake is for the air-conditioned seats? When I cool down or heat up the front seats I get a bit of an odour from them. I guess that the porous leather facing allows sweat and body oils to seep into the seat filling material. My car is a few years old so i'd like to disinfect the seats by turning on full heating or cooling and directing a disinfectant spray into the air intakes for the seats so that it is blown through the seat filling material and out of the porous leather facings for the seat back and seat squab. However, in order to do this, I need to locate where the air intake is for the aircon system for the front seats.

As far as I know the seats aren't actually air-conditioned, they just have fans in them. So any odour will just be whatever stuck in the seats - I suppose something like Febreze might work but not sure whether it's ok to just spray that on leather.

I'm pretty sure there is air intake as each of the front seats has an air filter element so air must be passing through that. I guess I could turn the heating or cooling on so that the seat fans are running and spray some disinfectant spray close to where the air filter box is.

As I understand it, the heating and cooling is provided via a Peltier system and is electrically controlled (rather than using a refrigerant).

I'm pretty sure there is air intake as each of the front seats has an air filter element so air must be passing through that. I guess I could turn the heating or cooling on so that the seat fans are running and spray some disinfectant spray close to where the air filter box is.

As I understand it, the heating and cooling is provided via a Peltier system and is electrically controlled (rather than using a refrigerant).

Oh in that case then there is more to it - as above wherever the air filter is is where the air intake will be to try giving the filters a clean and try spraying in there too.