Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uk Prices

javadude

Lexus have now published the UK prices...

£23,485 SE-I

£25,200 SE-L

£30,635 SE-L Premier

More details...

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/2010/10/uk-prices-confirmed-for-the-lexus-ct-200h-hybrid-hatchback/

So what do we think of the prices compared to say an IS or the competition such as an A3 TDI?

I'm sure the Audi wouldn't cost any less than the SE-I once specced to the same level - overall I don't think the pricing is bad. For me it's whether you want the car or not - the majority of buyers will be those needing the congestion charge exemption, low taxes and low emission car status for tax purposes and under those criteria there is no alternative that's also luxurious.

Lexus has this market all to themselves with the CT.

congestion charge exemption

Thought they were taking hybrids out of the exemption, sure that's what I read this week.

Being a hybrid alone no longer means an automatic exemption. The cars must also produce less than 100g/km of CO2. IIRC the CT only puts out 94g/km of CO2 so it will be exempt under the new regulations.

Being a hybrid alone no longer means an automatic exemption. The cars must also produce less than 100g/km of CO2. IIRC the CT only puts out 94g/km of CO2 so it will be exempt under the new regulations.

I didn't actually know they had removed the hybrid exemption but as above the CT would be exempt in the same way the Prius is.

I think I'm missing something with this car. I thought it was a 'baby' Lexus so why the huge price? Max price should be £22k otherwise buy an IS.

It had to cost more than a Prius - otherwise it wouldn't make any sense as the "luxury" alternative. Compared to the A3 and 1 series I don't think the pricing is too bad.

I think I'm missing something with this car. I thought it was a 'baby' Lexus so why the huge price? Max price should be £22k otherwise buy an IS.

It had to cost more than a Prius - otherwise it wouldn't make any sense as the "luxury" alternative. Compared to the A3 and 1 series I don't think the pricing is too bad.

I don't think it really is a "luxury" alternative to a Prius. £30k for this is too much. Honda's CRZ is £17k to £20k and has had good reviews, they look good too which cant be said about this 90's Vauxhall Astra offering.

It's £25k really, the premier is just bells and whistles like LED lights which you don't really need. And £25k for this sort of car isn't horrendous money.

And again I think this car is more about the potential tax savings, which I don't think the CR-Z can compete with.

Hmmmm I'm confused. The IS250 Auto SE-I has cruise control and electric seats and costs £27,880 but the CT200h SE-I doesn't have these as standard. To get cruise control and electric seats in the CT200h you have to get the SE-L Premier which costs £30,635. Plus the CT200h is smaller and slower. OK, so it has other things as standard too that you don't get on the cheaper IS but still...

Hmmmm so do I get an CT200h SE-L and add cruise control as an option (and perhaps not get my money back for the cruise control on selling it) and live without the electric seats or just forget it and buy a second hand RX400h for the same money?

Hmmmm I'm confused. The IS250 Auto SE-I has cruise control and electric seats and costs £27,880 but the CT200h SE-I doesn't have these as standard. To get cruise control and electric seats in the CT200h you have to get the SE-L Premier which costs £30,635. Plus the CT200h is smaller and slower. OK, so it has other things as standard too that you don't get on the cheaper IS but still...

Hmmmm so do I get an CT200h SE-L and add cruise control as an option and perhaps not get my money back for the cruise control on selling it or just forget it and buy a second hand RX400h for the same money?

This car will never make sense when you start comparing it to other cars - it's all about the tax/fuel savings.......only if these make a real difference does this car make any sense. For me a 1 year old IS250 would always win........

If you mean savings on road tax then even if it saves £300 then over 3 years it's £900 which wouldn't be a consideration to most. Those in and around London may be more interested in the saving in Congestion Charge though ( maybe £4500 over 3 years ? ). On fuel I guess an average motorist on 12000 miles a year at current prices could save £3000 over 3 years.

If you mean savings on road tax then even if it saves £300 then over 3 years it's £900 which wouldn't be a consideration to most. Those in and around London may be more interested in the saving in Congestion Charge though ( maybe £4500 over 3 years ? ). On fuel I guess an average motorist on 12000 miles a year at current prices could save £3000 over 3 years.

No I meant actual tax - the savings on company car tax can be quite substantial I believe and if you're self-employed or a business owner the fact that low emission cars get a 100% first year allowance can also be quite handy. Add the congestion charge and you've got some clear savings over driving one of the discussed equivalents.

Yes, I can understand that side of it having been there and done that in earlier years. Will be interesting to see how many sell. I still haven't seen an ISF yet !!

I expect central london to be littered with them as soon as they're launched :winky:

Good point, I've not actually seen an IS-F on the road either, only ever seen one in the US :blink:

Fairly sure you said "somewhere" that you'd seen an IS-F for just under 30k, parthiban? :)

:lol: now there's a couple of cars to compare if you get them at the same price, eh? :)

Lol that was at my dealer, obviously I always see at least one IS-F there, as that was where I drove one myself! :winky:

I meant I've never seen an IS-F on the road as in just seeing one.........

Ive never seen an ISF on the road over here either. Seen plenty in Florida and in Canada though where lower car and fuel prices makes them so much more affordable!

Yeah but if you had 30k in your pocket.... would you buy the CT200 or the ISF?

That was my thought too. For 30k there are some 2nd hand IS-F's available on the lexus website. You can also get fully loaded RX400h's 2nd hand for that money. Or a CT200h and save some money on fuel.

Yeah but if you had 30k in your pocket.... would you buy the CT200 or the ISF?

That was my thought too. For 30k there are some 2nd hand IS-F's available on the lexus website. You can also get fully loaded RX400h's 2nd hand for that money. Or a CT200h and save some money on fuel.

Yep my dealer is one of those, and I've been considering it. Although for me the fuel really isn't a concern, it's just whether I want an IS-F over other alternatives......... :whistling:

• 3 months later...

Yeah but if you had 30k in your pocket.... would you buy the CT200 or the ISF? :lol: I know where my money'd go...

Hmm, the depreciation on the new CT200 in the first couple of years, would easily cover the extra cost of fuel and insurance on a used IS-F.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it is annoying that fundamental things like folding mirrors are only on the top model. Same way I think it's fine the LED headlamps are on the top one, but they could offer normal xenons on the middle model instead of just halogens.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links