Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ride Height And Suspension

Guys, i am in a pickle here. I recently bought an IS300 Sportcross, 2005 model. It sits lower at the front than it should and in a brief phone call to the previous owner he mentions he hit the kerb in icy conditions. His local garage sorted it out and i see new KONI shocks at the front. When i first got the car Arnold clark Lexus said it needed new springs (£418), last week i had a £1K bill for timing belt new discs and pads up front, rear pads, all fluids changed at my request. They said the springs are original but the shox are too low? I phoned the local kwik fit and he said shox don't affect height at all but i will need new springs?? Also, if the fronts are changed the rears will need changed. I don't believe that but hey, i am int he dark, any clues anyone, i am keen to get the ride height back to factory settings, i would imagine it is a 30mm drop up front. I will need to get WIM to do a decent alignment but not till i get the height sorted first. Thanks for any replies, i am a little lost her. Thanks

Ed, in Glasgow if anyone has any recommendations

You can get shorter shocks that will afffect ride height but they would likely be with lowering springs.

Best best is to get some standard ones from a breakers or eBay. Swap them over job done.

Saying its to low is silly nothing is to low in my mind (personnel opinion) it won't affect anything as long as the geometry has been sorted as well.

Today I went to Lexus Glasgow, they want £900 for springs and shocks, former Lexus (Arnold Clark) tell me to try new springs, the best advice came from Robert at the local Kwik Fit, he advised me to leave it all as it is, the Konis are set to firm (Which suits me as the handling is great. In his opinion the ride height was fine and he felt estate cars are usually lower at the front to cope with a full rear end. This is the zero cost option, it is apparently safe, it certainly feels planted on the road. Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'm just starting to get used to my car after 5 years in a Honda CRV! Thanks for the koni link - Why didn't i look - Doh!

• 12 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links