Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Side Mirror - Up/down Not Working

I've checked all the settings - the selector is in the left or right position. I first noticed it when I selected reverse gear and the driver's side mirror dipped but the passenger side mirror did not dip. I then tried to adjust the mirror position using the joystick control on the dashboard and it moves left and right but not up and down. I can hear a very feint clicking when I try to move it up or down so it looks like power is reaching it but the motor is dead.

With it being a warranty job I would imagine Lexus will replace the whole mirror assembly,assuming they do 1-2 hours should be about right,they should how a better idea just ring them and ask so you can plan your day around it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and the housing is easy to take to pieces...10 minute job. I got the little faulty motor out in my hand, went to Lexus and they don't sell them, wanted to sell me the whole housing for £300. The motor is like from an airfix kit and cannot cost more than £10. If they replace your housing which they will do, there are 2 motors in there. Can I have the defunct housing and use the good motor? Will pay whatever. John Y

I have the same problem and the housing is easy to take to pieces...10 minute job. I got the little faulty motor out in my hand, went to Lexus and they don't sell them, wanted to sell me the whole housing for £300. The motor is like from an airfix kit and cannot cost more than £10. If they replace your housing which they will do, there are 2 motors in there. Can I have the defunct housing and use the good motor? Will pay whatever. John Y

The dealer will not let him keep the old mirror as they will need it to process the claim :(

I do have a pair IS250 motors sat on my desk, dont know if they are the same but if you PM me your address I will send them to you :)

Andy

Mine has gone the same way, is it a design fault???? it's my drivers mirror that only goes up and down intermitantly but no problem with side to side, Lexus has quoted £350 as its out of warranty.

How do i get into the mirror, i.e. take the glass off???

Mine has gone the same way, is it a design fault???? it's my drivers mirror that only goes up and down intermitantly but no problem with side to side, Lexus has quoted £350 as its out of warranty.

How do i get into the mirror, i.e. take the glass off???

I've had a look on the exploded diagram for a 2007 IS220D and it only shows 2 pieces,the mirror glass and the rest of the assembly so cannot say for sure how to dismantle further to change a motor.

I know on the earlier LS models you slip a cloth (yellow duster is ideal) behind the mirror along the bottom and pull towards you,this disengages the bottom clips,then tilt the mirror up to disengage the top fastenings.

I would imagine it is similar on the IS but no guarantees.

• 3 years later...

Hi I have the same problem on a 2005 LS430 in that the drivers side mirror adjusts horizontally but not vertically. I have bought another secondhand mirror so that I can mix and match the motors, drives etc and solve the problem. However I can't get past stage 1. I can't remove the mirror glass on either the car mirror or the other. I have read various suggestion on the forums and looked at the service manual for the car but none of the suggestions seem to work for me.

Please, please, what am I doing wrong

Trevor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links