Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Daytime Running Lights (Drl)

Koko

• 8 months later...

Convert your boring old prob rotten non functioning front fog lights to High powered modern drl`s for about £60.00 in total and 2-3 hours work !The Ring Apollo Round DRL`S BRL0402 will fit perfectly straight into your old fog light housing and look amazing in the day and night with there dual illumination .Thank you from all @ MaxsoundCarAudio Uk

post-49091-0-11619900-1389042433_thumb.j

post-49091-0-14479000-1389042477_thumb.j

post-49091-0-56410300-1389042505_thumb.j

post-49091-0-45652500-1389042538_thumb.j

post-49091-0-39949900-1389042582_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Errrr...Are these LED strips and suchlike actually classed as DRL's which are the subject of the post? I thought DRL's were of a given specification,bright enough for day 'safety' use? Are those bright Audi LED strips DRL's then? Whats the difference between dippies and DRL's?

If the rear fogs can be converted to brake use, can the front fogs become DRL's or do they have to be a certain height etc, cos I know you technically can't use fogs when it's not foggy/falling snow.....

Bit ironic for an old #### like me as I had a volvo with DRL's years ago (it saved my life actually!)and everyone was soooooooo clever telling me I'd left my lights on, next year all new cars will have them !

Its illegal to use fog lights when there is no fog around, nothing to do with "technically" Mike

Errrr...Are these LED strips and suchlike actually classed as DRL's which are the subject of the post? I thought DRL's were of a given specification,bright enough for day 'safety' use? Are those bright Audi LED strips DRL's then? Whats the difference between dippies and DRL's?

If the rear fogs can be converted to brake use, can the front fogs become DRL's or do they have to be a certain height etc, cos I know you technically can't use fogs when it's not foggy/falling snow.....

Bit ironic for an old #### like me as I had a volvo with DRL's years ago (it saved my life actually!)and everyone was soooooooo clever telling me I'd left my lights on, next year all new cars will have them !

Its illegal to use fog lights when there is no fog around, nothing to do with "technically" Mike

Hi , the fog lights have been converted to drls using the " http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Accessory+Lighting+-slash-+Styling/Accessory+Lighting/BRL0402 " quite simply replace the inside of the fog light with these round drl`s which actually DIM on side lights at night and if you need them as fog lights in fog then run the fog light circuit live wire through a 5 pin switch over relay making the drl`s inside the fog light bright when the main or side lights lights are on by switching off the auto dim feature .Many vehicles have round etc drl`s where these fog lights are so now the fog light itself has been removed and just the empty lense is there then there completly legal as there not fog lights anymore but can be used as fog lights if needed .Thank you.

Its a touchy subject because like you said many many car models use DRLs in the fog cluster. So i take it the law states that only the manufactures are aloud to commit such a crime and get away with it? lol.

At the end of the day using your fog lights around town or when there is oncoming traffic is dazzling simple as, which is the reason people hate it so much. DRL lighting is a completely different pattern of light and is actually designed to help you see on coming traffic without dazzling (some country's its actually the law) so personally putting DRLs in your fog cluster is fine in my book as there is no harm been done and is no longer defined as a fog light. I just put high powered LEDs in my sidelights but thats just me, dont really want to chop up my OEM fogs :)

Hi , the fog lights have been converted to drls using the " http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Accessory+Lighting+-slash-+Styling/Accessory+Lighting/BRL0402 " quite simply replace the inside of the fog light with these round drl`s which actually DIM on side lights at night and if you need them as fog lights in fog then run the fog light circuit live wire through a 5 pin switch over relay making the drl`s inside the fog light bright when the main or side lights lights are on by switching off the auto dim feature .Many vehicles have round etc drl`s where these fog lights are so now the fog light itself has been removed and just the empty lense is there then there completly legal as there not fog lights anymore but can be used as fog lights if needed .Thank you.

My post was to address your remark "cos I know you technically can't use fogs when it's not foggy/falling snow....." and correct that statement to, it isn't Technically but Illegal to use fog lights front or rear when it is not foggy. I wont underline my reply. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links