Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adding Dab Radio

Sunny K

Hi,

I'm totally new to the forum and Lexus! I finally got rid of my beloved 9 year old Focus which I had from new and treated my self to a brand new Arctic Pearl IS250 F-Sport for the 27th birthday! I got the multimedia pack fitted which is really good but not the DAB module. I was wondering does anyone know if this can be fitted at a later date and if so how much it costs?

Also do any other F-Sport owners know about the rattle from the drivers foot well, I see alot of google results regarding this. My car also suffers from this issue and I have to say once your ear tunes into it you'll hear it for the rest of your journey - so annoying!

Thanks,

Sunny

Hi Sunny, Welcome to LOC and congratulations on your purchase. Artic Pearl F-Sports look awesome. Did you get the Automatic?

With regards to your questions, I've been lucky with the rattles, but i'm sure your dealer will be able to sort that out. They are only happy to help.

Ive heard that the DAB module, or DAB in general isn't very good at all, so you may have dodged a bullet. I dont think DAB broadcasting has been well implemented in the UK.

Sorry if I havent been of much help

DAB in the UK - my observations from previous car experience:

If you have a decent (external) DAB aerial you rarely get drop-outs, anywhere.

Not all stations broadcast in all areas, some are regional.

Obviously greater program choice than FM.

Broadcast quality is down on FM - it's mp3 quality, but not particularly noticeable in car.

F.A. - Yes mine is the automatic, it's a really smooth drive! Guess the garage will know all about the problem and it'll probably be a quick fix. Sounds like I've made the right choice by not getting DAB and that the UK coverage issue is probably the main reason why all UK cars don't have it by default these days.

Another issue I wanted to ask you guys about with the IS250 is to do with the rear demister. The very top of the rear window doesn't demist but I can see some sort of wiring there, is this the aerial for the radio or is mine faulty?

Thanks

I find that the top section of the rear window doesnt demist as quicky as the rest of the rear screen but it does clear up eventually, so I think yours is working as normal unless mine is faulty too lol

Yes, the auto is very smooth. You definitely bought the right model. Hope you are enjoying it

Hi,

I had DAB fitted as a dealer fit, when I picked mine up from new.

I drive the car every day and do about 500 miles per week.

At first I found DAB a bit confusing to work at first, but now I have got the hang of it I'm glad I had it fitted.

There are several stations on DAB that aren't on the ordinary wavebands such as 'Chill' & 'Traffic Radio' that I enjoy.

I think it's a easy install, there is a small stick-on antena that goes in the top left corner of the front windscreen and I guess the rest is just a software install.

I find the sound quality better on DAB too compaired to FM.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links