Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Set Memory On Seat Positions

Hi all,

All the electrics in my car seems to work fine except the memory seat position, can anyone tell me what the process is for setting it? I assumed I would adjust seat, mirrors etc and then press and hold the first one and it would set it so that when I go in after hubbys been driving I could press that button and it would auto adjust, am I expecting too much from it?!

Hi all,

All the electrics in my car seems to work fine except the memory seat position, can anyone tell me what the process is for setting it? I assumed I would adjust seat, mirrors etc and then press and hold the first one and it would set it so that when I go in after hubbys been driving I could press that button and it would auto adjust, am I expecting too much from it?!

Set the correct seat and mirror positions, and then with the car on Park, hold down the Set button and press the number 1, 2 or 3 (which ever number you would like) and you should hear a beep to confirm that it has stored to memory

Hi all,

Set the correct seat and mirror positions, and then with the car on Park, hold down the Set button and press the number 1, 2 or 3 (which ever number you would like) and you should hear a beep to confirm that it has stored to memory

and then set your key fob memory to auto set your set position when you open door !!!

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

and then set your key fob memory to auto set your set position when you open door !!!

How can i set the key fob memory to auto ?

You only need to do that if there's more than one driver (up to three max), then each drivers key will automatically set the positions when you press the fob button/start the car.If only you drive it then the wheel and mirror settings return to the last set position. and of course the drivers seat doesn't alter.

Haven't checked but I'm assuming the passenger seat position doesn't change for each key setting, if they're different.

Hi all,

How can i set the key fob memory to auto ?

Hi, to set the key fob with a seat memory, make sure your inside the car and the car is turned off. Then, whilst holding down the seat memory number assigned to yourself, press either the lock or unlock button on the key fob. You should hear a beep. That should do it! :winky:

To test, leave the car on another seat memory which is not yours and exit the car and lock it.(actually, you may need to use the second fob to lock it so it would think its someone else locking it) Then, with your fob, unlock it and open the door, you should notice that the seat, steering wheel and mirrors should start to adjust to your settings. Hope I have made sense.... :winky:

Alright, i will do that and then get back to you. Anyways, after memory is stored and someone else use the car and adjust the seat, steering ... To get my settings back just have to press the allocated button for my memory and that's it?

Thanks mate

Adi

• 2 months later...

Alright, i will do that and then get back to you. Anyways, after memory is stored and someone else use the car and adjust the seat, steering ... To get my settings back just have to press the allocated button for my memory and that's it?

Thanks mate

Adi

Thanks guys!! xx

I would be interested to know if your mirrors return to the same position every time, after reversing or a different driver they seem to have a mind of their own ?

Or you could just read the manual like everyone else! It's even online thesed days............. :winky: :whistling:

....and they say it's only blokes that can't be bothered to read instructions :lol:

Or you could just read the manual like everyone else! It's even online thesed days............. :winky: :whistling:

....and they say it's only blokes that can't be bothered to read instructions :lol:

Here's an odd experience...

Both side mirrors work fine. Up down left to right. After setting a seating/mirror position to the memory, my driver side mirror no longer functions in the LEFT to RIGHT directions. Not even using the controls on the door.

Odd.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links