Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

O2 Sensor Location

kemzo

hi my engine management light is on so i performed a diagnostic which came up with 'oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1' any idea of the location of the sensor also is there any cheap replacements recommended thanks in advance for any help will.

hi my engine management light is on so i performed a diagnostic which came up with 'oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1' any idea of the location of the sensor also is there any cheap replacements recommended thanks in advance for any help will.

This document shows you the location of the oxygen sensor: http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/IS_98-05/rm/rm684e/m_ec_0008.pdf

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes, you'll see the first two oxygen sensors easily just by opening up the bonnet. They're in the exhaust manifolds as they come out of the engine. The one you talk of is the sensor closest to the front of the car.

And yes, once you've replaced it just use the fuse pulling trick to reset the fault if you haven't got a fault code reader. If that was the source of the fault then the MIL won't come back on.