Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me here please...

Its time to trade in my 98 LS 400 for something a bit newer and I'm very tempted by an LS 430.

Can anyone tell me what the Premium Pack in these cars constituted? What extra bells and whistles exist if the car has the Premium Pack as against models that don't?

Many thanks.

Tony.

I had always heard this term premium pack but didn't realise that it covered quite a few things like the ML system, thought it was just the extra fancy bits in the rear like the fridge and extra radio/climate controls.

But I imagine being the LS that cars without the premium pack are probably quite rare?

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me here please...

Its time to trade in my 98 LS 400 for something a bit newer and I'm very tempted by an LS 430.

Can anyone tell me what the Premium Pack in these cars constituted? What extra bells and whistles exist if the car has the Premium Pack as against models that don't?

Many thanks.

Tony.

The Premium pack included the Levinson stereo and a few other refinements. Most sales of the first LS430 seem to have included this. These refinements became standard at some point - I think it was 2003 but you'd need to check. There was also a premium version of the later model that had TV and stuff but that's quite rare.

Probably the best bit of the premium pack was the air suspension. This can be a little choppy round town, but once your cruising you do feel the benefit, especially above 60mph, when the car drops down by an inch or so, reducing the car's drag coefficient, improving its mpg, and also making the car's ride even more comfortable.

Parking sensors appeared on the 2002 model, and these are also well worth having. It's a very manouvreable car, in spite of its size, and these help you get the most out of it.

The rear seat stuff is just a nuisance, really, I think, especially if you have children or grandchildren!

Almost all of the earlier cars had premium packs. I think the number of non-premium pack cars was in the region of few percent. The premium pack cars had everything - there were no options. I bought a 2002 LS430 when it was about a year old - an ex-Lexus car, with 17000 miles on the clock. I thought it was a perfect car to own and drive. I drove it for 113000 miles, and when I came to sell it, it felt as good as when I first got it. I can certainly recommend a low mileage one to you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links