Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Itunes Album Art

Nitmoi

This is driving me potty.

iTunes just pick some weird covers - like the other day - I got a "Las Ketchup" cover instead of the "La's".

Does anyone know where all the art is and can the correct covers be substituted?

Can the wrong ones be deleted?

I dont really have this issue, but you can try this...

1. Open iTunes,

2. Click on 'music' (top left) to show all your albums,

3. Double click the incorrect album (This will show all the tracks),

4. Click on a track using the right mouse button,

5. Click on 'get info'

6. Then click on 'Artwork'.

You can delete it from there.

To get the correct artwork either scan it in from your cd, or look on a site that sells albums and shows the album cover, like amazon, and copy the artwork from there and drag and drop it into the album artwork on iTunes.

You dont need to delete them at all actually, you can just obtain the correct ones then follow steps 1 and 2, then right click on the album itself and then step 5 and drag the artwork here instead.

Yeah iTunes is a very poor piece of software, as above you can manually replace the albumart or otherwise use something like MediaMonkey which is very accurate at tagging to sort your music out and then just use iTunes to sync (or you can even use MM to sync as well if you prefer)

Must admit I don't find iTunes that bad - I've never had a problem with it of any description on either PC or Mac. It does, for me anyway, 'just work'.

Sometimes the album art is funny though, especially if you have imported a single track or tracks rather than buying it through iTunes or importing a whole CD. It seems that if any given track has ever appeared on a complition CD, it defaults to showing the track as belonging to that album rather than from the artist's original one. If you see what I mean! But I can't see that as being the fault of iTunes as such, after all it's only going by what it's told by the back end servers anyway, rather than just making it up!

Must admit I don't find iTunes that bad - I've never had a problem with it of any description on either PC or Mac. It does, for me anyway, 'just work'.

Sometimes the album art is funny though, especially if you have imported a single track or tracks rather than buying it through iTunes or importing a whole CD. It seems that if any given track has ever appeared on a complition CD, it defaults to showing the track as belonging to that album rather than from the artist's original one. If you see what I mean! But I can't see that as being the fault of iTunes as such, after all it's only going by what it's told by the back end servers anyway, rather than just making it up!

If you buy your music from iTunes it's generally fine, I don't and it used to irritate me constantly. Main thing would be if an album has different tracks with different collaborations on it so the artists are different, even though the album name would be the same it splits them up. I spent hours sorting it all out so it did it correctly. But then it decided to double up every track I had, and at that point I lost my patience and gave up with it.

It really is a very bad piece of software, it works if you use apple for your complete chain, if you don't it doesn't adapt.

If you buy your music from iTunes it's generally fine, I don't and it used to irritate me constantly. Main thing would be if an album has different tracks with different collaborations on it so the artists are different, even though the album name would be the same it splits them up. I spent hours sorting it all out so it did it correctly. But then it decided to double up every track I had, and at that point I lost my patience and gave up with it.

It really is a very bad piece of software, it works if you use apple for your complete chain, if you don't it doesn't adapt.

Strange, never had that problem before.

I have put on a few of my own CD compilations and they have worked fine.

It may show them differently in the artists section, but in the album section they are all in the album as they should be.

Strange, never had that problem before.

I have put on a few of my own CD compilations and they have worked fine.

It may show them differently in the artists section, but in the album section they are all in the album as they should be.

Maybe they've updated it over time, I've stopped using iTunes now so maybe it's been fixed.

I tried what you suggested folks and most of it worked fine. The only problem is that if iTunes pasted its own idea of what the album art i,s sometimes adding the real one shows in the pane on the page but it remains as the old one in the Album flow! Deleting and trashing the artwork in the info box makes no difference!

WTF?

I tried what you suggested folks and most of it worked fine. The only problem is that if iTunes pasted its own idea of what the album art i,s sometimes adding the real one shows in the pane on the page but it remains as the old one in the Album flow! Deleting and trashing the artwork in the info box makes no difference!

WTF?

Bit of a pain, but try looking at each track in the album as i bet that the incorrect art work will be there (delete it if it is) and it will be using that for some reason.

Once you have done that it should be fine, with a little luck.

WTF?

This is where something like Mediamonkey is far more intelligent, if you open the album up on that you'll see the album still has both albumarts attached, and it offers the option to delete the one you don't want. iTunes doesn't do (or know) this so both albumarts try to co-exist.

WTF?

This is where something like Mediamonkey is far more intelligent, if you open the album up on that you'll see the album still has both albumarts attached, and it offers the option to delete the one you don't want. iTunes doesn't do (or know) this so both albumarts try to co-exist.

iTunes does do this.

If you look at 'artwork' within the albums properties it will show both, and you can delete one of them.

iTunes does do this.

If you look at 'artwork' within the albums properties it will show both, and you can delete one of them.

They've definitely made some real changes then - might have to give it another chance :)