Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading Lights

Yamavira

Intend to upgrade the light bulbs on my 250IS. Once I get the engine covers off what is the access to the dip, main light bulbs like, easy, awkward or difficult.

Do not wish to start the task if it will be a total pain to change the bulbs.

The fog lights, both front & rear look awkward. Lots of internal panelling to remove for starters.

Thanks

yamavira. :excl:

the front dip & main are a bit of a pain, on the left the airbox gets in the way and on the right the washer filler pipe is up against the lights, both are pretty easy to move though.

The front fogs can only be got to once you have removed the wheel arch cover, front indicators are in there too!

the rear fogs are easy, just pop off the plastic cap on the boot lid behind the lights!

• 1 year later...

Hi :excl:

Never did put those new bulbs in last winter !!!. Determined to do it soon.

Question. Am I correct in assuming from the reply to my query that the High Main beam / Low Main Beam are accessible from inside the engine bay once the front engine cover has been removed.

Are the Osram Nightbreakers the best straight replacement bulbs. Looking for light. Not to concerned about a "blue tint".

Thanks

Yamavira.

Changed my 250 SE to Osran Nightbreakers last year, improved light output but still not as good as HID's.

One of the Nightbreakers failed after about 4 months so off with the Engine Covers, Air box, Washer filler tube - I put the standard bulbs back in which I seem to remember looking up as being long life bulbs.

Now the dark evenings are back again thinking off a light upgrade, last 2 cars had HID's and I must say I miss them! - have to make an SE-L neext car!!

• 2 months later...

I installed a HID convertion kit in my is250 back in September. I found these Youtube videos and thought I'd give it a go. These videos are spot on and give you a great idea of what to expect.

Part 1

Part 2

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Whats the best bulbs to get for the 2011 F-Sport?

You already have 4300k HID lights. Do you want to make them appear more blue in colour? I have seen that some people change the OEM HID bulb for a Garax 6000k bulb, but I like the OEM appearance better, plus 4300k gives a better light at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the best bulbs to get for the 2011 F-Sport?

You already have 4300k HID lights. Do you want to make them appear more blue in colour? I have seen that some people change the OEM HID bulb for a Garax 6000k bulb, but I like the OEM appearance better, plus 4300k gives a better light at night.

Thanks for the reply (sorry using a new account now). I was hoping to get a better night light rather than a colour change tbh. But if the opinion is to keep as is as they are quite good then thats what I shall do! :D

• 6 months later...

Hi i'm quite new on hear and really want hids fitting to my car but has anyone has them fitted to an 220d se, i tried to get them fitted recently at a car enhancement garage that supply and fit hids but they said that there was'nt any kits for my model. So if anyones had some fitted can they let me know where they got them from, as i want a quality kit that lasts so dont mind paying extra. i was also looking to get someone to fit them as i am a DIY mong and have ocd and no patience, so could anyone reccommend where to get them fitted in the midlands! all help on this will be much appreciated!

I managed to find a kit from hids4u called the ultimate but is comes without a hid decoder and just a ballast, will this bring up any faults and has anyone brought a kit from them?

• 3 weeks later...

I have changed the whole front end of my is250 to HID bulbs the high an dipped beams were ok if you don't have giant hands took about 45 mins but the fog lights where a nightmare started at 6:30 finished about 11:30 their is a trick to doing the front left but only for small hands their is a little cap underneath the bumper you can move an get your hand in don't know if anyone has seen this but it is how I done my left hand side it means guessing with your hands but saves taking arch out but the right hands side was a nightmare.

Sounds like you have been busy! What K HID bulbs did you fit for the fogs?

I didn't plan to take that long! Lol

Off the top of my head I think the whole front end is 6000k. But one down fall is where dipped beam are projector it changes the colour a little I also added LED side lights so all blends in :)

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links