Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A New Lexus Owners Gs300

nathan-76

hi from a very happy new lexus owner.

here,s the first pics of my GS300 SE. it was a totally standard car 3 weeks ago but i,m affraid i dont do standard.

its a mint 97 car with 100k miles but it really looks as new and i,m well happy with it. i,m addicted.

up to now ive added some 8.5 and 9.5x18 wheels, smoked gen6 celica side repeaters and de-tangoed the front indicators.

next on the list is a set of lowering springs. does anyone recommend any???

gs011.jpg

gs013.jpg

gs005.jpg

gs008.jpg

gs004.jpg

Must admit, I thought 97 on an R plate was the last year for the mk1, but I guess there could be the odd straggler that were registered late as an early 98 R plate??

I have RS*R springs on my mk1 Sport, no complaints with them.

sorry got the year wrong. just checked the log book and its 03-10-97.

i fancied the sport wheels at first but they seem very rare and expensive even in poor condition. when i priced in a refurb and new tyres these came in far cheaper. i love the look of these anyway. big barges look awesome on deep-dish wheels IMO B)

Must admit, I thought 97 on an R plate was the last year for the mk1, but I guess there could be the odd straggler that were registered late as an early 98 R plate??

I have RS*R springs on my mk1 Sport, no complaints with them.

can you tell me how much did they lower your sport by and were they listed as sport springs and do you know how much higher an SE sits as standard than a sport?

cheers.

It should look really good once it is dropped a bit. You never can get the full effect of the stance of the deep dish with so much daylight between the rim and arch. I de-tango'd mine on the front and used RX clear repeaters on the side, a big improvement on the looks. I want to do the same on my mk2 to clean up the front.

the Gs has gone into a mates garage today for a cambelt change, new plugs, gearbox and engine oil change for a very reasonable price. mates rates are great arent they? anyway while he,s got it he,s also going to have a look at the suspension to see what kind of job a spring swap will be and quote me on that. fingers crossed :winky:

well ive had all the service work done but the Gs wont be going on a run anytime soon as its now under 3" of snow :angry:

Yeah, definately best left at home in those conditions, mine was hopeless last year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links