Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Self Diagnostic Menu On The Touch Screen

I had a fault where my stereo head didn't seem to work, the process self tests the connection between major switches and your touch screen operation. It showed my head unit as n/conn which I interpreted as no connection, took the full centre consul display out and the fault was with the in car Bluetooth kit which uses the stereo heads cabling to iterupt the music being played when a call comes in, but does not stop the CD playing in the background without sound.

If you are experiencing similar problems it may be worth trying?

It shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU

Try the diagnostics menu and see what faults come up... (the following is for UK spec but I think they are very similar) Lets hope nothing!

To access the Diagnostic Menu on the touch screen do the following.

1. Gear selector in park.

2. Handbrake on.

3. Ignition to ACC, (or start the engine if you want to do a speed check etc) wait for navi screen to power up, click "I Agree" (or buy the Vias Ipod or dvd lead and it does it for you)

4. Press and HOLD the OPTION button and AT THE SAME TIME...

5. Turn headlights from off to sidelights five times i.e. off/side/off/side/off.

6. To exit the menu, turn off the ignition, car will then behave as normal.

You will then get a screen displayed, it shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

I got this from Club lexus forums from a Lexusthai he shows pictures of all the screens you will see, but I repeat, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

I hope this can help others

Rich

• Like 2

• 9 years later...
On 11/19/2010 at 2:48 PM, Rich246810 said:

I had a fault where my stereo head didn't seem to work, the process self tests the connection between major switches and your touch screen operation. It showed my head unit as n/conn which I interpreted as no connection, took the full centre consul display out and the fault was with the in car bluetooth kit which uses the stereo heads cabling to iterupt the music being played when a call comes in, but does not stop the CD playing in the background without sound.

If you are experiencing similar problems it may be worth trying?

It shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU

Try the diagnostics menu and see what faults come up... (the following is for UK spec but I think they are very similar) Lets hope nothing!

To access the Diagnostic Menu on the touch screen do the following.

1. Gear selector in park.

2. Handbrake on.

3. Ignition to ACC, (or start the engine if you want to do a speed check etc) wait for navi screen to power up, click "I Agree" (or buy the Vias Ipod or dvd lead and it does it for you)

4. Press and HOLD the OPTION button and AT THE SAME TIME...

5. Turn headlights from off to sidelights five times i.e. off/side/off/side/off.

6. To exit the menu, turn off the ignition, car will then behave as normal.

You will then get a screen displayed, it shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

I got this from Club lexus forums from a Lexusthai he shows pictures of all the screens you will see, but I repeat, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

I hope this can help others

Rich

Hi Rich,
I did try this on my 2004 SC 430, may I ask where is the Option button that you are referring too?
Thomas 🙂

On 6/4/2020 at 8:20 PM, ThomasD94 said:

Hi Rich,
I did try this on my 2004 SC 430, may I ask where is the Option button that you are referring too?
Thomas 🙂

Pretty sure the SC430 and LS430 systems are different - see attached photo of the LS430 system (nicked from interwebs) 

LS430.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMCWP said:

Pretty sure the SC430 and LS430 systems are different - see attached photo of the LS430 system (nicked from interwebs) 

LS430.jpg

Yeah that looks different 🙂

LS460 Version:

Ignition on (or engine running) & parked.

Switch lights to OFF

Push and hold the INFO button

Turn lights to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF

Diagnostic menu will then pop up (Nav, audio, Lan, GPS etc etc)

Cheers

Jim