Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Free Visual Inspection

Garthy

Recently signed up for the Esential Service plan and have cashed in my free Inspection voucher - has anyone ever had one done and know what it involves?

I know they do a 29 point visual check, I just wondered what sort of stuff they looked at... does it include the belts?

They're giving her a free wash / vac as well so that's a weekend job for me ticked off the list already! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Recently signed up for the Esential Service plan and have cashed in my free Inspection voucher - has anyone ever had one done and know what it involves?

I know they do a 29 point visual check, I just wondered what sort of stuff they looked at... does it include the belts?

They're giving her a free wash / vac as well so that's a weekend job for me ticked off the list already! :D

The results of the inspection weren't too bad; apart from a nasty little shocker - the front two wheels are slightly buckled on the inner edge. Annoyed, as it can only be parking up on kerbs which I haven't done. There's no noticeable effects on the handling so that's going to the bottom of the to-do-list (£380 fitted for two 18" refurbs from Lexus).

Cam-belt and interim 'essential' service is being done next week at Lexus Bristol (£360 for the lot - not bad!). Anyone know what the differences between the standard and essential interim services are?

Oh yeah, and they said I didn't have Lexus blades on my wipers which is why they were tracking slightly (£30). Never heard of needing a specific manufacturer of blades before!

The parting-with-cash continues... :)

The results of the inspection weren't too bad; apart from a nasty little shocker - the front two wheels are slightly buckled on the inner edge. Annoyed, as it can only be parking up on kerbs which I haven't done. There's no noticeable effects on the handling so that's going to the bottom of the to-do-list (£380 fitted for two 18" refurbs from Lexus).

Cam-belt and interim 'essential' service is being done next week at Lexus Bristol (£360 for the lot - not bad!). Anyone know what the differences between the standard and essential interim services are?

Oh yeah, and they said I didn't have Lexus blades on my wipers which is why they were tracking slightly (£30). Never heard of needing a specific manufacturer of blades before!

The parting-with-cash continues... :)

Now that's interesting because I have fitted two different makes (and types) of non Lexus blades over the past few years and have suffered from wiper judder on both sides. I had a chipped windscreen replaced in May and am still having the same problem.

I may well have to get the OEM ones fitted, hoping they might sort the problem. Out of interest does anyone know who makes the original Lexus blades?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links