Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Servicing Prices

I have just been quoted £216 for an interim service - this seems quite high when compared to the cost of £270 for a full service. When you compare what is actually included with the interim service, I cannot see how Lexus justify this cost. Bearing in mind that the Lexus IS was designed to have LOWER running costs than the competitive products from Germany, my Audi A6 was a lot cheaper to both run and service!!!

I am looking to get my car serviced in the Basingstoke area....can anyone recommend a more competive garage than Lexus Bracknell???

i was quoted by lexus manchester - £560 full service 100k

Birmingham - £530

Bradford - £460

Bolton - £430

Manchester lexus then rang me back saying we can price match, I said ive been quoted £380 and they agreed staight away, from £560 to £380 abit strange,

So I dont know what to do...

Is there a service schedule that lists exactly what they do at each service?

My experience is that when dealers (not Lexus) quote lower prices they just skip items on the service schedule. It then just becomes a quote for a stamp in the book rather than a set quantity of work.

I cannot see how Lexus justify this cost.

As has been said before ;) its not Lexus that set the prices, but each independent franchise group who operate the Lexus franchise. Different groups cost work differently and hence why you get variations. As for price, you really need to negotiate hard with them and ensure you know precisely what you are paying for. From when we owned our RX, the service booklet detailed what was to be done for minor and major services as well as year/mileage specific operations.

I cannot see how Lexus justify this cost.

As has been said before ;) its not Lexus that set the prices, but each independent franchise group who operate the Lexus franchise. Different groups cost work differently and hence why you get variations. As for price, you really need to negotiate hard with them and ensure you know precisely what you are paying for. From when we owned our RX, the service booklet detailed what was to be done for minor and major services as well as year/mileage specific operations.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. You have to go into extremely detailed discussions about what the engineers will do during the service. I am convinced that if the price is negotiated lower, they will leave certain things out or simply charge for them separately.

And as for the price that the dealer quotes on the telephone, the telephonist will happily tell you that the price includes 'everything' when it is in fact far from the case. On my last interim service it was made impossible for me to work out how the quoted cost fitted into the final billed cost. I am convinced they did this ON PURPOSE to confuse you and to get you simply to pay up and clear off.

Next time, I will sit with the service manager until he or she has explained exactly how the quotation and the bill are supposed to reflect each other.