Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally..... My Is300 Limited Edition.

Finally got round to getting some pics of the IS today.... Only mods are Bosch aero wipers, Philips SilverVision indicators, LED/SMD sidelights, (They look blue in the pics but are a bright white in reality), Along with LED/SMD lighting panels in the boot and the interior & map lights. Got some more on order for the sunvisor vanity lights but they've not arrived yet.

DSC_1324.jpg

DSC_1330.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

DSC_1334.jpg

DSC_1335.jpg

DSC_1337.jpg

DSC_1338_2.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

DSC_1341.jpg

DSC_1342.jpg

DSC_1346.jpg

DSC_1348.jpg

DSC_1353.jpg

DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

Very Nice, Ive just got the IS 200 2004 LE pics up soon.

where did you get the boot mat?

We looked a couple of 200LE's but one went and the other wasn't quite up to scratch... The we found this 300LE with it's extras and went for that instead. The boot liner came with the car. The previous owner bought it from the dealers.... I kow we had one in our previous IS a few years ago. I'm not sure if they are still available but a dealer might have one in their stockroom somewhere. It's of the plastic tray type and i've a feeling it was around £100 plus when we got ours back in 2004/5 when we had the IS200 before. :winky: There are also ones on eBay but how well they fit i don't know.

Cool - nice looking car...:)

As an aside - where did you get the boot and interior lights from? I need to replace mine and those look the db's...

Cheers

I got them off eBay.... They have been mentioned in a post on here in the past and people said they were too expensive and a rip-off but the only alternatives i could find were from China or Hong Kong and when the postage was added on they only came out to be a quid or two cheaper than these ones which were from the UK and had no postage charges. I also wanted them sooner rather than later and these arrived the next day from buying them so i suppose i just paid the premium to get them quicker / from a UK seller etc....

This is the eBay store i got them from..... CLICKY

Thanks for the comments guys.... Looks like i got the pics just in time as we've had another load of snow overnight and more to come today / tomorrow so can't see the car moving for a week or so now!!! :blink:

Cheers

Dave.

looks great waveydavey , i bought mine the nite b4 it snowed last year and couldnt drive it for ages,,,, just made it nicer when i eventually did - yours looks gorgeous though,well done on your choice

Thanks guys.

It's not too bad for a six and a half year old car is it??? And i've not had chance to polish her yet!!!

I've just got to get used to how thirsty she is now..... Having come from diesel it's a bigger shock than normal but both me and the mrs love to drive her. :)

Cheers

Dave.

WHERE CAN I GET A SPOILER LIKE THAT? WILL IT FIT ONTO AN IS 200?

It's the standard spoiler from Lexus it was standard on the IS300 along with the privacy glass i believe along with the IS200 Sport???.... We had one on our 2003 IS200 sport a few years ago too.

The extra little bits you got on the IS300 was the reason i went for this one rather than the IS200 LE... Having had the IS200 Sport previously it was the best of both worlds as you got the extras from the 200 Sport along with the 200 LE extras in the same car. :)

Cheers

Dave.

look on the bright side re the mpg - most of us have had the same shock but we were only driving a 2 litre without a very loud pedal or schumacheresque gearchange buttons

Yeah there is that isn't there. :whistling: :winky:

Cheers

Dave.

davey in your sig in the impressive list it lists xenons ,,,, surely the 300 has factory HIDs ? (high intensity discharge) - the kind with the purpose built projecter headlamps which cost a fortune and everyone tries to imitate ? surely xenons is underselling a quality HID somewhat

Finally got round to getting some pics of the IS today.... Only mods are Bosch aero wipers, Philips SilverVision indicators, LED/SMD sidelights, (They look blue in the pics but are a bright white in reality), Along with LED/SMD lighting panels in the boot and the interior & map lights. Got some more on order for the sunvisor vanity lights but they've not arrived yet.

DSC_1324.jpg

DSC_1330.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

DSC_1334.jpg

DSC_1335.jpg

DSC_1337.jpg

DSC_1338_2.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

DSC_1341.jpg

DSC_1342.jpg

DSC_1346.jpg

DSC_1348.jpg

DSC_1353.jpg

DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

oh right, they are hids though and designed to be - i thought they made the whole reflecter especially for the hids hence you get a good clear cut off line as opposed to the diy hid kits which can be sometimes not quite right - either way is a hid a Xenon ? - cheers ormi,hows the weather up there ?

oh right, they are hids though and designed to be - i thought they made the whole reflecter especially for the hids hence you get a good clear cut off line as opposed to the diy hid kits which can be sometimes not quite right - either way is a hid a xenon ? - cheers ormi,hows the weather up there ?

bloody shocking mate can i borrow your car?lol...

it wasnt so much the reflector that gave it the crisp cut off it was the metal sheild inside the head light a lot bigger than non hid...

snow

148323_1352854561750_1843016754_675911_1573757_n.jpg

oh right, they are hids though and designed to be - i thought they made the whole reflecter especially for the hids hence you get a good clear cut off line as opposed to the diy hid kits which can be sometimes not quite right - either way is a hid a xenon ? - cheers ormi,hows the weather up there ?

They're one and the same matey. :) I call them xenons more cos i've come from VAG ownership for the past seven years and the VAG group call them xenons rather than HID's. There are a few cars that have xenons/HIDs but without the projector lenses at the mo.... The civic, some volvos, some nissans, spring to mind. My last couple of cars have had them but with the projectors and both were VAG cars, (Polo GTi and Fabia vRS).

This is taken from the Wikipedia subject of vehicle headlights.....

"HID (xenon) light sources

HID stands for high-intensity discharge, a term referring to the electric arc that produces the light. The high intensity of the arc comes from metallic salts that are vapourised within the arc chamber. These lamps are formally known as gas-discharge burners, and produce more light for a given level of power consumption than ordinary tungsten and tungsten-halogen bulbs. Because of the increased amounts of light available from HID burners relative to halogen bulbs, HID headlamps producing a given beam pattern can be made smaller than halogen headlamps producing a comparable beam pattern. Alternatively, the larger size can be retained, in which case the Xenon headlamp can produce a more robust beam pattern.

Automotive HID lamps are commonly called "Xenon headlamps", though they are actually metal halide lamps that contain Xenon gas. The Xenon gas allows the lamps to produce minimally adequate light immediately upon powerup, and accelerates the lamps' run-up time. If argon were used instead, as is commonly done in street lights and other stationary metal halide lamp applications, it would take several minutes for the lamps to reach their full output. The light from HID headlamps exhibits a distinct bluish tint when compared with tungsten-filament headlamps.[22]"

Cheers

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links