Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels For My Is300

Russell-H

Got a new set of 18" wheels on my IS300 they are genuine Lexus wheels off and RX400 i belive and unlike most people who go for the 225/40 tyres i went a bit lower at 225/35 have got a set of continetal 2 's on there at the moment and they seem to grip ok most miles been done in snow at the moment.

Have stuck a couple of pictures up, the centers are tempery ones that i have printed at the moment until the ones i ordered off eBay arrive.

29112010075.jpg

29112010074.jpg

29112010073.jpg

Regards

Russell.

• 3 weeks later...

Have now managed to get hold of the original Lexus centres instead of my home made ones, so thought i would put a couple of pictures up to see if people liked the wheels. I think they suit the IS really well and can be found much cheaper the Aeros on eBay i payed just over £100 for mine.

14122010090.jpg

14122010091.jpg

14122010092.jpg

Kind regards

Russell.

Thanks for the positive comments, the reason for the 35 profile and not 40 is that firstly i liked the idea of a low profile and secondly i was worried about fitment as the new wheels are et35 and the old ones are et50 and the lower profile gave a bit more clearence between the wheelarch. the down side of the low profile is that whilst 225 40 18 are a very popular size and are therefore cheep to buy 225 35 18 are quite rare and tyres are fairly expensive. The tyres on it at the moment are Continental sport contact 2 and i can not find these for under £200.00 a tyre.Even my cheep falkern guy down the road from me wants £91.00 each fitted.

The other reason that i thought 35 profile was good is that it is the same difference as the 40 profile from standared just smaller not bigger, ie using a tyre comparacter website

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire size comparer&sw1=215&ar1=45&bd1=17&rw1=7.0&et1=50&sw2=225&ar2=35&bd2=18&rw2=7.0&et2=35&text1=&text2=

if you compare the 225 40 18 to the standraed 215 45 17 it is 1.8% bigger the 35 profile is 1.8% smaller so speedo not going to change much.

Car does feel more positive round bends since fitment but that could be down to the fact that i had a full 4 wheel alignment done at the same time as wheels fitted and the geometry was way out, it was toeing out not towing in.

Kind regards

Russell.

• 4 weeks later...

heres a money saving tip for you...you are correct the et35 does prove a problem thats the offset i run 225/40's do hit the arch,so i run 215 40 18's solves all the problems and are a lot cheaper...

• 2 weeks later...

And now another set, this is the guy i got mine off he only lives half a mile from me, 170595517167

I would be happy to collect and store these for someone if that would help them.

Regards

Russell.

Thanks for that :angry: I am already bidding on these, I dont need any competition LOL :P

Andy

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links