Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lights Up Like A Christmas Tree!

I went to start my car up after it sitting for over a week in minus temperatures and all my warning lights flashed up!!

Check VSC, yellow brake light, red brake light, traction light, power steering light (power steering isn't working), what the hell!!

I have a recovery truck arriving to take the car to Lexus. I'm with Warranty Direct, I shall let you know the outcome!

Has anyone had this problem before? I had a new ECU fitted last year but that was just the Check VSC light not any other lights! Crumbs.

Come on Toyota, where is the reliability!

It knows you want to sell it...cars are like that as soon as you advertise them.

If the air-con also doesn't work, my dad had the same fault on his 06 300, they fixed it under warranty as it was apparently a known issue with something or other.

It knows you want to sell it...cars are like that as soon as you advertise them.

If the air-con also doesn't work, my dad had the same fault on his 06 300, they fixed it under warranty as it was apparently a known issue with something or other.

I said exactly the same to my missus, the car knows!!

I might not sell it now, I'm going to look into wheels and winter tyres. I'm going to pop outside and tell the car this.........

I'm going to keep this post up to date with the Warranty Direct experience and fault outcome, it could be useful for others.

I fitted my winters to my standard alloys, a replacement set of 18s didn't seem cost effective and I didn't want to make the car look rubbish by fitting 16s or something.

(apologies to those on 16s)

I think I may do that. Do winter tyres make that much difference though? How much is the difference, is it slight or vast?

I fitted my winters to my standard alloys, a replacement set of 18s didn't seem cost effective and I didn't want to make the car look rubbish by fitting 16s or something.

(apologies to those on 16s)

I think I may do that. Do winter tyres make that much difference though? How much is the difference, is it slight or vast?

AND- will 4 tyres fit in the boot of a mk3 GS300..............?

Hi Knitware,

Sorry to here of even more issue's!!!!!

Making me nervous.....mines OK...so Far........

How much have you spent on the Warranty, and what does it cover......

Kind Rgds, Tony.

Tony!

Yes, more issues. I paid £450 for 13 months cover. I've been reading through the policy and it it very comprehensive, I got the extra emmisions and airbag, mot and service cover included. There's a £50 excess and I'll give feed back on the experience.

I hope it's not too bad.

Winter tyres make a vast difference, read my link in the other thread about driving on snow. They're even better than the stock Yoko's when it's warm and raining.

I got my 4 tyres in the GS-450h! (back seat)

The reviews on the Vredestein Wintrac sound excellent, the trouble is nowhere sells them and winter tyres as a whole seem short supply for my wheels, 225, 55, 17!

The place to buy winter tyres is MyTyres.

Trouble is, this time of year stocks are low, and prices go up accordingly. It's not helped by the fact that most tyre places over here don't seem to carry them - MyTyres ship them from Germany.

I went to start my car up after it sitting for over a week in minus temperatures and all my warning lights flashed up!!

Check VSC, yellow brake light, red brake light, traction light, power steering light (power steering isn't working), what the hell!!

I have a recovery truck arriving to take the car to Lexus. I'm with Warranty Direct, I shall let you know the outcome!

Has anyone had this problem before? I had a new ECU fitted last year but that was just the Check VSC light not any other lights! Crumbs.

Come on Toyota, where is the reliability!

same thing happened to a friends mk5 golf this morning (they are in scotland)hadnt started it up for a couple of weeks started it up this morning, all emergenecy lights on etc, said return to dealer.

These modern day cars must be built for much harsher winters than the UK, or do you think for UK spec they skimp on a few bit of insulation here and there, slight lower quality pcb's etc..................

This Christmas dashboard lighting thing has happened to me on a couple of cars

and it was always low battery voltage.

Please post results after professional diagnosis..

I will do!

I dont think electronics mind the cold, just heat. It could be damp, or, oh I'm guessing, maybe a mouse nesting...............

A lead acid Battery can lose something like 30% of its capacity in sub zero temperatures.

Winter tyres are going to be hard to find now, as others have said, I ordered mine in September and they've gone up £50 a corner since then.

I used mytyres but they've since arsed my brother around and wanted cash in advance so he cancelled the order. I can't recommend them as a result as it makes me wonder if they have cashflow problems.

A lead acid battery can lose something like 30% of its capacity in sub zero temperatures.

Winter tyres are going to be hard to find now, as others have said, I ordered mine in September and they've gone up £50 a corner since then.

I used mytyres but they've since arsed my brother around and wanted cash in advance so he cancelled the order. I can't recommend them as a result as it makes me wonder if they have cashflow problems.

It's really difficult to find a set. I got in touch with a company called Click on Tyres. A nice bloke. He said he has some Vredestein Wintrac Xtreams on order for me. £155 a corner but after reading reviews I think these tyres will be a godsend and a lot cheaper than buying a new car.

before you throw a lot of money at it, try another battery, a good one fully charged

Lexus rang, and you are a clever man. Battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, a Battery, it started the car but threw up errors and stopped the power steering, very odd.

I had a new one fitted last year by Toyota! Lexus are ringing Toyota, next door to them, to ask them to send over a new Battery as mine has 3 years warranty on it. While it's at the garage Lexus are doing the 60k service (thank god for the service plan) and I've asked them to do the air con. Lexus aren't charging me for diagnostics or clearing codes. I love them. I'm taking my car off sale........

Lexus are also doing the warranty work, fuel pump and brake thingy.

You won't regret buying those wintrac extremes for the colder months. This is my 3rd GS (55 GS430, 06 GS430 now 59 GS450h) and I've never felt one drive so good in the wet/cold - the extra confidence they give you is amazing.

Glad your car is sorted. It's all about the service with Lexus, they don't charge for so much stuff where others would. They only charge for the amount of screenwash they can get in the tank, not a whole bottle. They replace key batteries FOC etc.

A lead acid battery can lose something like 30% of its capacity in sub zero temperatures.

Prices go up and down every week it seems - I ordered at £143 a corner, which was annoying as a week earlier they were £120ish. However, last week they were nearly £200, and have since gone down again!

I don't know if MyTyres are in any sort of trouble, but I'd be surprised since they are part of an enormous German company called Delti with country-specific tyre retailing websites across most of Europe. With my order (which, admittedly, hasn't turned up yet!) they reserved the money against my credit card (you can see this on the online banking website) but didn't bill it until Monday this week, when they also sent a mail to say the tyres had been despatched.

Incidentally, the supply of winter tyres across Europe has been caught badly short because Germany has now made their use mandatory, so suddenly demand surged there...

As far as I can tell, the mytyres site has very cunning cookie tracking and the price goes up a little each time you refresh the page...forcing a panic buy. If you look from a completely different machine, you'll likely start again at a lower price.

Agree that Delti are huge but it all just seemed very odd that they wouldn't ship without a bank transfer. I even contacted them on his behalf, giving them my order reference number to try and prove he was a trusted person, but they still wouldn't ship without cash in advance.

As far as I can tell, the mytyres site has very cunning cookie tracking and the price goes up a little each time you refresh the page...forcing a panic buy. If you look from a completely different machine, you'll likely start again at a lower price.

Agree that Delti are huge but it all just seemed very odd that they wouldn't ship without a bank transfer. I even contacted them on his behalf, giving them my order reference number to try and prove he was a trusted person, but they still wouldn't ship without cash in advance.

Well I don't want to get caught short again and I'm hoping to get a set of winters fitted soon. I was looking at buying a cheap set of alloy wheels but what about the tyre pressure monitors? Does anyone here have 2 sets of alloys that they swap over winter/summer time and if so how are the monitors swapped over?