Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trc Flashing And Lack Of Power

jsx

Hi guys this is my 1st post as an is200 owner and unfortunately its an appeal for help.

I've got a 99/w is200 sport which has a major lack of power, no enine warning lights on and revs fine when stationary but once driving it has no power at all, it just splutters and jerks with the "trc off" light flashing on the dash and a strange tapping under the throttle pedal?!

Are there any checks i can do myself to diag the cause or am i in need of a lexus dealer for a code read.

I tried pulling out the abs relay under the bonnet thinking that it would turn off the trc but all it did was give me the abs light on the dash aswell...

Any help at all will be greatly appretiated, even if its just to take the trc off completely i dont mind, i just want full power back!

Many thanks for any help at all, Jsx

"UPDATE"

After getting the car code read, doing some research and carrying out further checks I replaced the throttle body Inc both sensors which I assumed was causing the problem but no its still the same. I have no other warning lights on the dash apart from the flashing "trc off" and total lack of power but as of yet still no fault codes. Starting to get pretty desperate as I can't seem to figure out what's causing this fault and really need some imput from the experts here at the Loc! Many thanks and hope to get a response soon Jsx...

? tricky what it could be.

its worth having a quick look at the gearbox oil.

sounds like an electrical prob with the tranny system.

you will defo have to get it checked on the computer.

let us know the outcome.

Right jus got the car code read, only fault in any systems was 1 in abs - C1203 engine control system communication circuit malfunction.

Anybody got any ideas what this fault code is and can point me in the right direction to put it right pls?!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!!!

Anybody got any ideas what's causing this it seems to be tempermental, some days it can drive fine with only the light flashing and other days i'll have no power at all, it'll rev fine when stationary but as soon as I pull away it dies and won't rev at all. I've tried disconnecting the abs pump (under the bonnet) the trc/abs ecu (under the dash on the drivers side) to see if it'll rev normally but it's still the same.

Starting to run out of ideas and as still only the trc off light flashes without the engine warning light on?!

Tried the trc switch aswell as disconnecting the ECM (behind the glovebox) but still no joy starting to feel like the last option is to replace the injection computer? Can't think of anyway to stop it cutting the throttle as the tapping under the pedal I believe is being caused by the gear inside the throttle body as the tps sensors keep opening an closing the butterfly?!

Is there anyway to physically manipulated the throttle body to override the sensors that control the gear inside so that when I accelerate the cable pulls the butterfly open directly instead of going via the tps sensors and all computers involved? I know that this will most definatly cause a warning light to come on but as long as I've got a proper throttle response I don't really care!!!

Nope you can't manipulate the throttle body it jus cuts out when you try and rev it. Strange thing is though when I put the new throttle body back on the car drove perfectly for bout 10mins with no warning lights or lack of power which has got me thinking that it possibly could be a programming issue?!

Does it need reprogramming?

BUMP!!!

Just out of curiosity can injection computers be swapped on is200's or do they need to be reprogrammed or are they coded to their individual cars and can't be swapped, I'm beginning to think that it's possibly the comp that's the cause of my problem and as this seems to be a 1 man thread I think it might be time for me to bite down and take the main dealer rogering?!

• 1 month later...

it could be cat converters, if they fail they can cause power loose or head gasket is blown, check oil if its got water boubles on top or start the engine and open the radiator(make sure its cold though)and see if water jumps up and down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links