Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now i've done it...

I haven't driven my IS220d for a couple of weeks and now the doors won't open with the electronic key fob. I've noticed the red security light on the dash board isn't flashing anymore either so I'm guessing it's a flat Battery.

Since it's late I don't want to risk using the manual key incase the alarm has a Battery backup and goes off, but my question is will I have any problems jumping it?

Should the immobiliser still function when I have it connected to another vehicle whilst jump starting it?

Anyone had any issues with this?

Thanks

Easy fix would be to call out RAC/AA or whoever provides your breakdown cover. They will have the knowhow and equipment to jump your car without any risk of damage to ECU etc.

Easy fix would be to call out RAC/AA or whoever provides your breakdown cover. They will have the knowhow and equipment to jump your car without any risk of damage to ECU etc.

I was only planning to jump it but am interested in how I might damage the ECU in case I need to do this sometime?

I was only planning to jump it but am interested in how I might damage the ECU in case I need to do this sometime?

According to my local dealer and the RAC jumpstarting from some powerpacks and also from other vehicles can potentially cause damage. I can only assume that possibly you might get a power surge or something. Apparently RAC vehicles have something fitted to prevent this.

According to my local dealer and the RAC jumpstarting from some powerpacks and also from other vehicles can potentially cause damage. I can only assume that possibly you might get a power surge or something. Apparently RAC vehicles have something fitted to prevent this.

Ok, i'll call them out...

I assume there will be no problems with the immobiliser locking out or doing anything silly will there, because its lost its power?

Thanks

Should be no problems in that area. When the Battery failed on my GS430 the RAC jumpstarted the car and tested the Battery....which they said needed replacing but the car drove perfectly after it was started. My friendly Lexus dealer replaced it FOC as, unbeknown to myself, the Battery had been fitted just before I purchased the car from them in May 2008 so was still under warranty.

Should be no problems in that area. When the battery failed on my GS430 the RAC jumpstarted the car and tested the battery....which they said needed replacing but the car drove perfectly after it was started. My friendly Lexus dealer replaced it FOC as, unbeknown to myself, the battery had been fitted just before I purchased the car from them in May 2008 so was still under warranty.

Great... :)

Thanks for your help.

Hi, this also happened to me last month and when I called the dealer they gave me the number for the AA, all part of the service.

When I took it to the dealer afetr the AA had started it, they advised that the Battery was not holding a charge, which they replaced under warranty. The service advisor also said that the car used power when not in use for system monitoring etc and that as a minimum it should be run every couple of weeks. All been fine since, love the car and the way it drives and how it makes me feel