Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Links In Posts

TigerFish

Could the forum behaviour for links in posts be changed please? Since the forum upgrade, any links in posts open in the same window, replacing LOC. I am still closing the page from the link and finding I have closed LOC, can it please be changed to launch a new window for links. It is driving me nuts!!! A website should never relinguish itself to an external link.

Cheers

Not sure if this will help but using firefox browser right click on link and select 'Open Link in New Tab'

TG

Yeah, it will also do the same if you hold the control key down when you click the link. It is bypassable, but you have to remember to do it, which doesn't make for a relaxed and chilled surfing experience at LOC. i.e. the cursing everytime LOC gets closed altogether. From a design perspective, a "source" website should never relinquish itself to a "destination" unless it is just part of the normal website flow. It never used to work like this before the upgrade, and I can't think of any other forums I use that work like that. I'm sure there must be a setting for it in the admin panels somewhere.

• 8 months later...

hi mate

There is actually a problem with the opening a link in a new window. I have raised this issue with IPB but noone took notice.

When you set it to open in a new window the current window also goes to the page you are trying to reach, so you end up with both windows at the other website (if that makes sense)

There is a whole new update on its way soon, maybe a month or two (awaiting bug fixes) and there will be big changes. Hopefully fixes the issue

hi mate

There is actually a problem with the opening a link in a new window. I have raised this issue with IPB but noone took notice.

When you set it to open in a new window the current window also goes to the page you are trying to reach, so you end up with both windows at the other website (if that makes sense)

There is a whole new update on its way soon, maybe a month or two (awaiting bug fixes) and there will be big changes. Hopefully fixes the issue

Hi Steve, thanks for the update and info, fingers crossed there is a fix.