Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi and welcome to the LOC,no good asking you to search the forums with this problem because I have never heard of this before,have you left something in the door pocket that has leaked?

There is nothing within the door that would produce this problem.

I would suggest removing the inner door panel ( or ask a garage to do this for you) and then make a visual inspection inside the door frame area.

Another possible is you have driven through something which has found its way onto the door base or some anti corrosion/rust treatment leaking out.

Please what ever you find let us all know the outcome.

Really guys?

I read this as when the door is closed, i.e. there is something leaking from underneath the car, in the area of the drivers seat/footwell.

If I hazard a guess, it may be a leak from the water pipes that run to the heater matrix. It may be leaking as they pass through the firewall, and the water may be running down the firewall and dripping from the floor.

Bit of a teaser this one.

My 1st thought was the "boiled sweet" in the door bin. Been there, got the t shirt.

As for coolant fluid; it will taste sweet. very sweet. but its not oily and i would be suprised if its getting into the car without other symptoms such as coolant levels dropping and over heating problems.

Next question: has anything been sprayed into the door lock? De-icer or lube. Im wondering if you have just got the car back from a service. They may have over lubed the locks.

let us know how you get on. this one is interesting.

I hope you fix it.

Bit of a teaser this one.

My 1st thought was the "boiled sweet" in the door bin. Been there, got the t shirt.

As for coolant fluid; it will taste sweet. very sweet. but its not oily and i would be suprised if its getting into the car without other symptoms such as coolant levels dropping and over heating problems.

Next question: has anything been sprayed into the door lock? De-icer or lube. Im wondering if you have just got the car back from a service. They may have over lubed the locks.

let us know how you get on. this one is interesting.

I hope you fix it.

During the years when I bought new cars, they often came back from a service with oil ouzing down the pillars (mainly Ford and vauxhall). That MIGHT have resulted in the odd drip below the door. Interestingly our question master has yet to return so don't discount the boiled sweet scenario. I often stick a bag of shopping on the back seat and can imagine a bottle of washing-up liquid falling out as in green and oily-ish.

Did our friend park over an existing patch of stuff? How many times have we thought we had a water leak only to be relieved that it was caused by the aircon?

There's nothing inside the door. Coolant isn't normally oily. The only thing that springs to mind is an aircon leak. Suspect we will never know without some feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I have fluid leaking from the underside of the driver front door. Appears to be hydraulic fluid (green / oily). Any ideas what this might be? Thanks!

Having same issue w/09 Maxima. Thick oil like fluid coming from underside of door. Caramel colored, no taste. I'm taking the door apart tomorrow to investigate. I will post my finding. It definitely is not sweets.

Did you ever solve your problem?

I have fluid leaking from the underside of the driver front door. Appears to be hydraulic fluid (green / oily). Any ideas what this might be? Thanks!

Having same issue w/09 Maxima. Thick oil like fluid coming from underside of door. Caramel colored, no taste. I'm taking the door apart tomorrow to investigate. I will post my finding. It definitely is not sweets.

Did you ever solve your problem?

Tick oil like fluid, caramel coloured? That sounds like the anti rust gloop sprayed onto the inside of the doors as factory rust proofer. Ive been up to my elbow inside a few car doors trying to fix this or that over the years (not Lexus) and always come out covered in caramel like goo.

Im guessing that the heat in Texas is enough to get the gloop moving and thus coming out of the bottom of the door.

Keep us updated. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links