Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alarm Problems

Hi Folks. A Happy New Year to everyone, hope you have a good one.

My problem

With all the bad weather we have had up in Scotland i never used the Lexus and used a Jeep to get about.

The car was parked up for 3 weeks and i only started using it at the week-end, now when i lock the car up using the fob after a few minutes the alarm goes off with no-one near it, i have changed the Battery with the spare fob but still the alarm will sound itself.The voltage on the dash is still showing just under 15(im sure this is correct)

Anyone any idea why this alarm which was working fine before the bad weather is now starting to play up.

Thanks.

My problem

With all the bad weather we have had up in Scotland i never used the Lexus and used a Jeep to get about.

The car was parked up for 3 weeks and i only started using it at the week-end, now when i lock the car up using the fob after a few minutes the alarm goes off with no-one near it, i have changed the battery with the spare fob but still the alarm will sound itself.The voltage on the dash is still showing just under 15(im sure this is correct)

Anyone any idea why this alarm which was working fine before the bad weather is now starting to play up.

Thanks.

Happy new year!

Have you had any bad condensation? Damp caused havoc with mine, although I did have a leak from the sunroof which didn't help

My problem

The car was parked up for 3 weeks and i only started using it at the week-end, now when i lock the car up using the fob after a few minutes the alarm goes off with no-one near it, i have changed the battery with the spare fob but still the alarm will sound itself.The voltage on the dash is still showing just under 15(im sure this is correct)

Thanks.

Happy new year!

Have you had any bad condensation? Damp caused havoc with mine, although I did have a leak from the sunroof which didn't help

Coming to think of it the few days i did go and start the car up i had been dragging clumps of snow into the footwell which basically just turned to ice with the minus freezing temps, back window is misted up aswell.

My problem

Thanks.

Happy new year!

Coming to think of it the few days i did go and start the car up i had been dragging clumps of snow into the footwell which basically just turned to ice with the minus freezing temps, back window is misted up aswell.

The door switches that work the interior lights can freeze up and cause this and also sometimes make head-lights stay on when set to auto. They can "stick" making the ECU/Alarm unsure if the doors are still open. Just open each door and work them until the interior light goes on/off as you do so.

Thank you for the reply, i will give this a bash aswell, this really is baffling!!!!

Also try double lock it, or try lock it with motion sensor off. (lock twice for pre 02 models and there is a bit turning key config to do for after 02 models. check your owner book for how to or search "double lock" in the fouums here, I came across one post dated in 2002 about it.)

At least you'll know it's your sensor or lock playing the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks a wee update as it seems the problem has been solved, i dont really know what has cured the problem but here is a few things i done.

First off i ordered a new fob Battery, £1 from amazon replaced this as soon as it arrived, whilst waiting on this arriving i purchased a moisture box, this basically just draws all the moisture with-in the car into it, I sat it in the passenger footwell and it has collected some water into the bottom tray.

Now the temps have risen the icing inside the car has been eliminated(I think the icing up off the inside window panes has been triggering off the alarm through the motion sensor)

I also removed the magic trees that were hanging from the rear view mirror, someone told me even with slight movement from these its enough to kick the alarm in.

A week has now passed and no alarm going off, as i say a combination of the above seems to have cured my alarm problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links