Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Find Shocks For Is300

The Swede

I want to replace the shocks on the lady's IS300 but Lexus' are rarer than hen's teeth here and buying a spare set will set me more than I actually paid for the car :duh:

So I want to find set in the UK and swap them myself locally. Any good suppliers?

Also, anyone who can help me with getting the right geometry settings for this car as I still find it pretty heavy in its reactions.

Thanks.

why not buy a set of coilovers?youll get a full set for £500.....also is200 shocks are the same no diff..

Well, I don't care whether they're the same as on the IS200, tbh. I just wanna find them somewhere without paying more for 4 shocks than for the bloody car :lol:

What's the advantage of using coilovers? Knowing the use we make of the car.

why not buy a set of coilovers?youll get a full set for £500.....also is200 shocks are the same no diff..

Well, I don't care whether they're the same as on the IS200, tbh. I just wanna find them somewhere without paying more for 4 shocks than for the bloody car :lol:

What's the advantage of using coilovers? Knowing the use we make of the car.

you said you've been pricing up is300 stuff which in some factors poss even lexus the is300 stuff might be more expensive and im telling you the is200 and the toyota altezza share the same components their for it widens your search numbers their for making it cheaper.....

the advantage to coilovers you can set the ride hight at whatever you want very low to standard hight you can adjust dampning also instead of just getting the strut and having to swap the spring and top mount you get the strut,spring and top mount so its just a case of swapping unit for unit if you know what i mean.

if i was you id go the coilover way it sounds cheaper.

This is actually just a cheap runabout we use for "workhorse trips" (e.g. weekends skiing) or to go into the less coshier areas of the town. Girlfriend also uses it for shopping etc. So any complexity is not needed. I just want the cheapest shocks possible that are standard.

Any websites that do parts online?

• 2 weeks later...