Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

We bought a Lexus GS300 only a few weeks back for a runaround for the wife and with a car of its age (1996) expected a few problems, most of which have been ironed out however, one still exists;

Can anyone please tell me how to open the boot as I am unable to use the lock mechanism next to the boot release lever due to having no key.

Is this a partial under dash strip out or is there (hopefully) an easier way??

Also, if anyone can provide me with leads to purchase 2 of the original alloy wheel "centres" and a cd cartridge for the boot mounted cd multi-changer I would be extremely grateful.

Many Thanks

If your key doesn't fit the bootlock in the car then I would say that it is not the master key. Does your key open the glovebox? The master key should, in addition to working the ignition, open glovebox, bootlid and remote lock for boot.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I think everyone has covered the boot really. Your ignition key should turn the little barrel by the boot and petrol cap release levers. When turned, the barrel should pop out slightly, and the lever will work again. What key do you start the car with? It doesn't fit the boot lock on the boot lid itself or the lever lock?

I may have a cd cartridge knocking about in the garage. I'll have a look tomorrow.

For the alloy centre caps, try sending a personal message to user ACLex, I bought 4 from him recently for my spare set of alloys, I'm sure he will have some left.

I think everyone has covered the boot really. Your ignition key should turn the little barrel by the boot and petrol cap release levers. When turned, the barrel should pop out slightly, and the lever will work again. What key do you start the car with? It doesn't fit the boot lock on the boot lid itself or the lever lock?

I may have a cd cartridge knocking about in the garage. I'll have a look tomorrow.

For the alloy centre caps, try sending a personal message to user ACLex, I bought 4 from him recently for my spare set of alloys, I'm sure he will have some left.

Apologies for my late response, I have been out of the country on business.

I bought the car as a runaround for my wife and it was only supplied with one key which fits the doors and the ignition, it does not fit either the internal boot lock barrel inside next to the boot release lever and neither does it fit the external boot barrel.

I inadvertently depressed the internal barrel lock and now can not release this and open the boot!

What I am trying to avoid is having to strip out the lower portion of the dash in order to gain access to the lock barrel and subsequently release the machanism, this I am assuming would be fairly labour intensive.

I have now located the alloy wheel centres but many thanks for the lead.

If you do have a spare cd cartridge in your garage I would appreciate doing some form of deal on this as I do not expect a "freebie" so please let me know how much you would like for the unit plus P&P to Chorley, Lancashire.

Many Thanks

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links