Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrade Sat Nav Maps / Cd

Hi,

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 and I think it has the really old maps from 2001 :)

I would like to update the maps and was wondering if this is possible? If it is then where would be the best place to get the updated maps?

Secondly, on my RX300 when the car is moving at a certain speed I can see that certain parts of the Sat Nav are disabled such as entering a new address e.t.c. Is this normal expected behaviour? Is there a way to disable it?

Hi,

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 and I think it has the really old maps from 2001 :)

I would like to update the maps and was wondering if this is possible? If it is then where would be the best place to get the updated maps?

Secondly, on my RX300 when the car is moving at a certain speed I can see that certain parts of the Sat Nav are disabled such as entering a new address e.t.c. Is this normal expected behaviour? Is there a way to disable it?

hi yes it is possible,you can try lexusmapupdates or cheaptoyotaparts got my 2009/10 disc from them and it cost me £139.00p,your might be slightly cheaper,as regards your 2nd question without reading my manual i don't know.

Thanks for your reply. I have figured out I need the following:

pz485-l00eu-09

08927-50864 - 2007/2008 DVD

08927-50865 - 2009/2010 DVD

If anyone has this and is selling them please can you let me know? I will be interested in buying it.

On some models more recent maps - eg 2009 onwards on my car - re-enable most of the on-the-move functions, in answer to your other question. Have a rummage around the forum, there are a few threads on this which might point you towards the magic maps for yours

Yeah, I read somewhere there was an update at some point which fixed / enabled the on-the-move function.

I now know the maps I need but they are just so expensive. £140 odd for the maps, I could buy a pretty good sat nav for that much!!

• 2 weeks later...

HI I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A LEXUS RX300 03 AND THE SAT NAV DISC IS VER 1ST 2002 86271-24121 AND UNDER THAT NUMBER IT IS 86271-70V311A WOULD LIKE TO UPDATE AND I HERE U CAN GET A UPDATE DISC AND A NEW MAP DISC IS THE TRUE AND IF SO ANTONE NOW WHAT I NEED AND HOW MUCH HOPE CAN HELP MANY THANKS