Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New And I Have A Problem!

Greggster

Hi all, looks like a great forum.

Whilst I've been lurking for a few days, the forum has been causing my safari browser on the iPad to close randomly. Ant ideas? I've never had this problem before, thanks :crybaby:

Safari browser is good. But change to the Firefox browser for better performance.

Hi all, looks like a great forum.

Whilst I've been lurking for a few days, the forum has been causing my safari browser on the iPad to close randomly. Ant ideas? I've never had this problem before, thanks :crybaby:

Is that possible on an iPad do you know?

I assume there's no App that does forums that this one would be linked to is there?

Is there an administrator around that can help? At the moment it's almost I,possible for me to use the forum!

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

I use Safari on my MacBook and have never had a problem,having said that you are probably running a completely OS to me ( I have Leopard 10.5.8) but if the other browser you have seems OK you seem to be sorted.

Anyway back to business which Lexus model are you thinking of buying?

Hi and thanks all for the messages! (no admin staff on this site? Leave it to the members to sort issues?!).

Anyway good question. I'll be in a position soon where I'll have about £10k to buy my next car. I've had enough of the pressure of monthly payments on my car so it's up for sale (merc ML). I'm lucky enough to have a daily driver Smart Fortwo, the larger vehicle is for long m-way trips, driving holidays and towing a m-bike.

I've been happy/lucky with the reliability of mercs over the last few years, (previous e class sold at 150k miles with no issues at all), but they all rust and I fancy a change.

I've short listed Lexus as a great brand, and am thinking of a mk3 GS300 or a post 2004 RX300. The RX is the most practical but I've always loved the GS, it's been one of those cars I've always longed for.

So, major question is - are they as reliable as word has it? I know all cars break down, my fear is major headaches and expense.

Looking forward to some great advice, seems to be a great forum.

Hi gregg and welcome, yep ive got the same problem with my ipad. I posted this months ago and no response from site admin or recognition of the problem !!! Im glad its not just me . Ive tried diff browsers and it still happens. It takes me countless tries to view the site every day. Its so frustrating but no one seems to have an answer for it. Maybe now its a known issue it can be looked at

Steve

There seems to be some software glitches with the iphones and ipads it may be worth contacting apple to see what they have to say,having said that the staff at my local apple dealer seem a little aloof even when I am spending thousands on new stuff for my company,trying to get a "freebie" is like getting blood out of a stone!

apple have such a good product, they know people will pay what they ask. I've never managed to get discount or a freebie when purchasing apple.

I did email twice about 3months ago but no reply. If a few people have a small problem after purchase there's no incentive for them to look into it I suppose. It would be nice to have confirmed it's not a problem from the forum end though to. No help from either end is frustrating. My iPad is all updated to so I suppose we just have to live with it.

On another note at one point I couldn't post any replies because when the reply box came up there was no cursor and no keyboard appeared to type with.

Turning off pop up blocker in settings solved this.

I've tried all other settings to avert the crashing but to no avail.

Living in hope...

Steve.

Hi gregg and welcome, yep ive got the same problem with my ipad. I posted this months ago and no response from site admin or recognition of the problem !!! Im glad its not just me . Ive tried diff browsers and it still happens. It takes me countless tries to view the site every day. Its so frustrating but no one seems to have an answer for it. Maybe now its a known issue it can be looked at

Steve

Steve

Do you get the crashing when you are logged in?

Ok... Seems it is the rich text editor that's causing the error... I can disable this

I may try and see if I can create an iPad skin with the rich text editor removed

I will fix this when I get back on a pc guys.... Bear with me.. May be a couple of days

Steve

Steve

Do you get the crashing when you are logged in?

Hi that's a good question,,, yep it does crash wether signed in or not, just tried it and crashed both times within opening a few pages.

Would be fantastic if there is a fix for this, as it really does take ages to view the site each day. And there must be more iPad users than have posted .

Keep us posted , lol

Thanks steve

I had assumed that an iPad could download a browser as easily as a MacBook. If you can, download Firefox - IMHO it's the best and safest browser and doesn't support spyware. But anyone using an older Mac is probably better off sticking with Mac's own Safari browser.

As for Lexus v Mercedes, it's a no brainer. Lexus is better, more exclusive and has a world class reputation. I delayed far too long before buying my RX300 and it's brilliant. I even got 27.2mpg on a trip from East Sussex to Bournemouth and back a few days ago.