Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Highway Robbery

Mattyg

Can any one recommend a decent Insurance company to use for modifying my Lex. going to make very minor changes as standard wheels corroded to hell (as per usual) and maybe springs and rear box. My current insurer and as it would seem everyone in the world wants me to go from £400 per year to approx £3000 upwards. Any suggestions? I know modding carries "increased risk" but £3000 a year! thats nearly as much as I payed for the bloody car!

seems a tad excessive lol, ive been with direct line for over 10yrs, and to date havent been able to get insurance cheaper, shop around every year, even when i was daft enough to get a DR10 they only loaded my premium by...er..£35.00!!!! worth a phone call

How about "Lexus Insurance".

I'd been with CIS for many years with modded cars including my IS200.

Then in 2005 switched to these who halved my premium. All mods declared in full.

Now stuck with them. It's a Lexus so may as well have them insure it too :unsure:

In to my 40's now age wise though so that may help too :blush:

Here's the free no. for them 0800 138 3200

Just checked it still works as looking on recent paperwork there's an 0845 no. instead :shifty:

Open 8am to 8pm Mon to Fri and 8am to 4pm Sat.

Hope that's useful.

TG

I know what you mean, i had my letter from adrain flux this week saying its gone up from £380 to £500+ wast happy. When i range them they said that all insurance has gone up 20% this year. Tried the normal confused, meerkat and gocompare but they all want £650+. Been phoning around the last day or and found out that Sky insurance and Chrisknott have giving the best quotes so far. So give them ago mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links