Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modified, or standard...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Modified, or standard?

• Modified.
    • Standard.

mk3 here...

-changed the front indicator lamps to clear (and added 2 bulbs per side)

-clear side repeators

-Pioneer double din headunit (with ipod control, bluetooth - connects to my phone as soon as i enter the car)

-Window control switch - modified the drivers switch internals to allow for "auto-up" as well as the standard auto-down :D

-EBC redstuff brake pads

-not sure if the alloys are standard? Ive never seen a mk3 with them, they look like mk4 wheels, but they have flatter center caps, unlike the mk4 which seem recessed

DSC01890Large.jpg

Hi Dale,

yes, they are MK4 wheels :)

Did you do a full wiring job or did you find an adaptor for the headunit?

And I did the switch mod as per your instructions B)

Andy

Hi Andy, good stuff with the window switch, thats 2 of us then :) its really usefull isnt it!?

As for the headunit, for the mk3 I dont believe there is an aftermarket harness, You have to run new speaker cable from the headunit, unplug the plugs from the amps(under the drivers seat) and join your new speaker cable to the relevant plug wires (theres a diagram floating around here somewhere)... you will lose your sub and amp, but you can obviously wire in an aftermarket one cheaply and for better quality. Oh and you will need a facia adapter to convert to double din

Cheers for letting me know about the wheels, I wonder what version center caps they are? as all the mk4 alloys i've seen have been recessed, I prefer them anyway...

mk4 alloys/recessed caps: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/ohohfigaro/P8050021.jpg

Hi Andy, good stuff with the window switch, thats 2 of us then :) its really usefull isnt it!?

As for the headunit, for the mk3 I dont believe there is an aftermarket harness, You have to run new speaker cable from the headunit, unplug the plugs from the amps(under the drivers seat) and join your new speaker cable to the relevant plug wires (theres a diagram floating around here somewhere)... you will lose your sub and amp, but you can obviously wire in an aftermarket one cheaply and for better quality. Oh and you will need a facia adapter to convert to double din

Cheers for letting me know about the wheels, I wonder what version center caps they are? as all the mk4 alloys i've seen have been recessed, I prefer them anyway...

mk4 alloys/recessed caps: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/ohohfigaro/P8050021.jpg

Switch mod is handy :)

I think your wheel caps are MK3 centres as they ony list one part number for the MK4.

As for the stereo, I was planning to do all that anyway as I am replacing all the speakers and sub.

Andy

That is for the earlier LS400 :(

I am in the process of getting all my parts together to do this :)

Andy

That harness will NOT work on Mk3/4 cars, regardless of the age range stated on the listing.

There is currently NO mass-produced adaptor harness to allow you to run an aftermarket headunit with the standard Lexus audio system. That is because the stock Mk3/4 headunits have pre-amp speaker outputs [this means you have to run the signal through an external amp to produce sound], whilst most aftermarket headunits have their own small internal amp. You cannot mix the technology up, which is why when installing a new headunit in a Mk3/4 you have to by-pass the stock amp and sub.

-Pioneer double din headunit (with ipod control, bluetooth - connects to my phone as soon as i enter the car)

What's the model number of the H/U please?

hi, its Pioneer FH-P80BT

What's the model number of the H/U please?

hi, its Pioneer FH-P80BT

Many thanks, I've seen that before, looks very nice.

Shame you can get it with green or white display, to tie in with the rest of the interior instrumentation in the LS.

mk3 here...

-changed the front indicator lamps to clear (and added 2 bulbs per side)

-clear side repeators

-Window control switch - modified the drivers switch internals to allow for "auto-up" as well as the standard auto-down :D

-EBC redstuff brake pads

-not sure if the alloys are standard? Ive never seen a mk3 with them, they look like mk4 wheels, but they have flatter center caps, unlike the mk4 which seem recessed

DSC01890Large.jpg

My mk3 has the same wheels fitted maybe it was an option at the time.