Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 Is220D Sport. Starting Issues

pcocp

Hi, looking for some opinions on this.

Have 2008 IS220d sport, 20K miles on clock. About 1 year ago car developed a rough start (from cold start only), was brought back to dealership who said that this was a known problem and that Lexus had issued a kit to fix the problem. Kit was fitted, no charge, and car was fine until recently, as problem has returned. The car never fails to start, but strugles to fire, and is not a Battery problem.

Also, lately the idle has changed. Was always very quiet car, but now when sitting in traffic, can clearly hear the engine idling inside the car, and sometimes the idle has a loud 'crack' to it, if you know what I mean. There are no performance issues, car is driving/accelerating normally, no smoke and not burning oil. Car was recently serviced and had no improvement on these issues.

The dealership insists it is a problem with 'bad fuel' which I don't accept.

Any ideas, any help appreciated?

Thanks, PCOCP.

i would try having the egr valve cleaned iv just added a can of bg244 though the car and is transformed much quieter smoother starts better and pulls better at low revs. im a massive sceptic but its made the car 50% better also try running the car at 4000 revs in 3rd for 50 miles i belive this helps the particulate filter self clean hope this helps ps dont use supermarket fuel and i run v power or ulitmate though it now and then.

Thanks for that, will give the bg244 a try. Anyone got a good link that shows how to clean the EGR valve, in the IS220d, step by step, haven't done an EGR valve before.

Thanks!