Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Review Of 2011 Is250 On P.29 What Car? Awards (March) 2011

I was having a look at this issue and the IS250 got only 2/5 stars; usually What Car? had given it 3/5.

In comparison, its competitor the 3-Series is nominated 3 times in their Compact Exec category and wins it!

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2011/compact-executive-contenders/254786

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2011/compact-executive-winner/254786

I, patiently, wait the 3rd generation IS, and hope it really gives the Germans something to think about!

Of course, it's just WC's opinion - they'll be lots of people of this forum who have driven the 3-series and still prefer the IS so it's down to personal choice.

But What Car? also says this: "Lexus buyers are a very happy bunch, with the brand coming top of the JD Power Customer Satisfaction survey for a decade, so buying and owning an IS should prove a highly satisfying experience. Owners report being particularly happy in three key areas: vehicle quality and reliability, vehicle appeal and service satisfaction". Of course, ordinary motorists, by and large, have to pay for their vehicle, fuel, insurance and servicing costs, and are not fixated on high-speed driving around narrow country lanes, scintillating acceleration, superfast gear changes and so on. There may also be proof that advertising does pay - the number of BMW and Mercedes adverts compared to that of Lexus in the motoring press seems to be in direct proportion to the favour in which those marques are held.

But What Car? also says this: "Lexus buyers are a very happy bunch, with the brand coming top of the JD Power Customer Satisfaction survey for a decade, so buying and owning an IS should prove a highly satisfying experience. Owners report being particularly happy in three key areas: vehicle quality and reliability, vehicle appeal and service satisfaction". Of course, ordinary motorists, by and large, have to pay for their vehicle, fuel, insurance and servicing costs, and are not fixated on high-speed driving around narrow country lanes, scintillating acceleration, superfast gear changes and so on. There may also be proof that advertising does pay - the number of BMW and Mercedes adverts compared to that of Lexus in the motoring press seems to be in direct proportion to the favour in which those marques are held.

interesting thoughts on BMW and Merc's - had the IS for nearly 4 years now and its cost me a packet in service charges compared to my 320d M sport auto over 3 years plus all the 220 d owners could not have voted in the JD survey . as for Lexus not advertising I think they are suffering from lack of sales as their product range is so small and some what dated . I even think that many Lexus centres will merge with toyota centres because of lack off new car sales as I was suprised that a very good lexus sales guy has moved to the compertition .

swager

Hello

Saw that in whatcar - did seem a little harsh rating - but the model is nearing the end of the line and lets hope the packaging is better on the next generation along with a meaningful hike in economy and a more supple ride. Oh and bring an IS350 to the UK! with AWD option! And a good estate option would be a definite plus. Model Range is curently too limited. BMW's options are much better. (Still prefer me lexus)

Anyone seen any clues as to what the next generation will look like - must be imminent?

MW - sketchy traction in the cold and wet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links