Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diy - Bluetooth Music Streaming Using A2Dp

Hi Ahmed,

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your mini usb car charger from as it looks much shorter and better than others I'm seeing on websites?

I used a belkin car usb charger like this one and used a standard usb cable

Cheers for that buddy

• 1 year later...

In this guide I will show you how you can enjoy the comfort of stereo audio over Bluetooth on your Lexus.

Lexus models built before 2010 with Bluetooth support are limited to phone functionality only. The models built after this have the A2DP Bluetooth profile, which allows for mobile phones with A2DP to wirelessly stream music to the car.

My Lexus does not support A2DP. Therefore, in this guide I will show you how I've integrated A2DP into my Lexus by utilizing the factory OEM 3.5mm stereo jack auxiliary port in the central armrest.

Things you will need:

1. Mobile Phone that supports A2DP (iPhone, HTC, Blackberry, etc.)
  2. Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway
  3. Mini Blackberry Car Charger.

The setup consists of a Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway device that resides in the central armrest. It is connected via a 3.5mm stereo jack to the auxiliary port and a blackberry mini car charger. This is paired to your mobile phone.

Once the initial pairing is complete, the device will then auto-connect with the phone every time the car is turned on. You can stream music wirelessly by selecting the AUX source on you car stereo.

At this point you're probably wondering if the bluetooth phone functionality of the car will still work. The answer is YES.

That's it you're all done. You can now enjoy wireless audio streaming in your car.

Below is a video demonstration followed by some pictures of the blackberry device.

Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway (Packaged):

a2dp-01.jpg?1

Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway:

a2dp-02.jpg?2

a2dp-04.jpg?3

a2dp-03.jpg?4

This looks really interesting and is exactly the sort of thing that I am looking for. I do have a couple of questions though please.

I have sourced the Blackberry Music gateway here http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/390483881194?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y but it doesn't look to be the same as in your second photograph, your packaged iten seems to contain more stuff and so i am wondering, have I got the correct item?

I use an Iphone 4 and am wondering if I need the Mini Blackberry Car Charger as my phone is always fully charged when I get into my car or, do I need it to power the music gateway?

Thank you for the information provided in this thread it really is extremely useful. I presume that my wife can use her iPad for music when she is in the car. thanks again.

Hi How did you get the screen to work,

I have an iphone 5 and nothing comes up on screen, even when streaming on youtube.

Any help would be much appreciated

You need Vaistech if you want your Iphone interface on the touchscreen.

I have tried using my wife's brand-new Iphone 4 which, according to various web forums, does have A2DP and I still cannot play music over the car's speakers, even though the phone is correctly paired with the car. The car is a September 2009 IS250 SEL with all the bells-and-whistles multimedia - can anyone confirm if this had A2DP?

It seems I was mistaken. The A2DP is only available on 2010 models upwards. Sorry tomato.gif

I have a 59 plate 220d with everything but sat nav and the Bluetooth does indeed stream ALL my iphone4s audio through A2DP even my button clicks. This also means that for the music videos I downloaded off youtube are playable through the Bluetooth connection. This does not effect phone funtionality and steering wheel controls as it all works perfectly.

If you synch your phone to the car just for calls, this wont do it. I cant remember what the exact setting was, but there is another setting you need to enable.....there arent that many, just need 5 minutes of fiddling.

Only issue I have now is transferrring phone contacts to the car and being able to use the voice activation button on the steering....still not worked that one out yet despite going through every menu available!!

HTH,

Tom

• 2 years later...