Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does The Car Have A Problem ?

Hello all,

I have just purchased an Is220d SE Multimedia 2006 and am very pleased with the amount of comfort extra's that it offers. One thing i have noticed that would never have thought to consider, is the MPG with the car. I was running a VW Passat 130 Sport and getting around 48Mpg.

Having picked up the car yesterday and driving to work and back which is a semi rural journey, round trip of 30miles and driving like Miss Daisy, i noticed a return of only 25.6 and a tank average of 26.9 !!! Is this normal ? Does the car have a defect that can be easily sorted ? It drives smoothly, no judders or roughness with the engine. I am praying this isn't something i am going to have to live with. I have searched this site and read the stories of people not achieving the 44.8Mpg expected and actually getting mid 30's, i could live with that.

Can anyone offer any help or advice ? Do i need to have a longer run or just give it time ?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

I'd say something is not right there my friend. You want to get that checked out.

Putting aside my head gasket issue I have with a 2007 is220D, hard as I find that to do!

Must admit I was getting 39mpg around town and up to 52 on a run to Wales. That I was more than pleased with.

I'd say something is not right there my friend. You want to get that checked out.

Putting aside my head gasket issue I have with a 2007 is220D, hard as I find that to do!

Must admit I was getting 39mpg around town and up to 52 on a run to Wales. That I was more than pleased with.

i get about 40 in summer and am getting about 30 mpg in winter. However, just noticed two things.

1. I am also just very close to the next service so its been about 10K miles since last clean up of the EGR valve

2. I openend up the air filter and it was completly block up so that might be contributing to it.

Matus, What is AVG and how would i go about resetting it? The car has just had its 64k service so all really should be ok. Thanks for the replies guys.

if its the average mpg you are talking about, I think you can reset it by holding down the DISP button for a few seconds when it is displayed. Its average MPG since last rest (IMHO)

Its average MPG since last rest (IMHO)

no. Since last rest is only the AVG speed, but avg consumption is the consumption since last manual reset (as you correctly described)

Tank AVG reset itself when refilling the tank.

so 1st think I'd do is to reset the AVG and then monitor the consumption.

hi

i would definitely think there is something going on there, my petrol 250 gives 28mpg round town and about 36mpg on the motorway, and even when i really cane it round the back roads, it never drops below 21, so i would expect the diesel to be a lot better than that.

hi

i would definitely think there is something going on there, my petrol 250 gives 28mpg round town and about 36mpg on the motorway, and even when i really cane it round the back roads, it never drops below 21, so i would expect the diesel to be a lot better than that.

I get similar figures to those and am very happy with them