Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220 Hid Conversion Advice

Tomo1978

Hi Rumen,

Regular credit card should do it, but bear in mind that it is a little thinner than the RFID card and you can easily brake it so you'd better use an expired card :)

Cheers

Hi Denis, Hope your well....

I have been trying to get the cover off but cant get it off. Am I supposed to take off the actual light cover or the panel where there is supposed to be a sunglasses holder?

Thanks

You should remove the light panel. It took me three days to gather the courage to open it at any cost. The first few times I tried with flat screwdrivers but after I scratched the surrounding plastic I gave up that method. Then I bought from eBay pry tools for opening xbox consoles. I broke the two plastic "guitar picks" and gave up that method as well. Finally I opened it using the two plastic credit cards with no damage to the surrounding plastic.

All you have to do is stick them between the light cover and the surrounding plastic (on the side that is closer to the back of the car) so you can release the clips that hold the cover. Once you release the clips just take the cards out and the cover will come down with them.

Hope this helps.

You should remove the light panel. It took me three days to gather the courage to open it at any cost. The first few times I tried with flat screwdrivers but after I scratched the surrounding plastic I gave up that method. Then I bought from ebay pry tools for opening xbox consoles. I broke the two plastic "guitar picks" and gave up that method as well. Finally I opened it using the two plastic credit cards with no damage to the surrounding plastic.

All you have to do is stick them between the light cover and the surrounding plastic (on the side that is closer to the back of the car) so you can release the clips that hold the cover. Once you release the clips just take the cards out and the cover will come down with them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Denis, I will try and then let you know. The leds havnt arrived yet but atleast I would have figured how to change them in advance!!

You should remove the light panel. It took me three days to gather the courage to open it at any cost. The first few times I tried with flat screwdrivers but after I scratched the surrounding plastic I gave up that method. Then I bought from ebay pry tools for opening xbox consoles. I broke the two plastic "guitar picks" and gave up that method as well. Finally I opened it using the two plastic credit cards with no damage to the surrounding plastic.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Denis, I will try and then let you know. The leds havnt arrived yet but atleast I would have figured how to change them in advance!!

Ok, so I have managed to change the bulbs allbeit I done it completely the wrong way. I actually ended up taking the WHOLE plastic cover off!!! which included 2 screws!! I know I flopped as now after replacing the plastic cover, it doesnt sit snugly back in place!! But you really cant tell. But I must admit, it was well worth it. I attempted to change the rear ones to but as soon as I opened the the light cover, I realised they were the double ended bulbs! Now im gonna have to order them too.

Thank you for your advice & tips though Denis. I will update you with pics once I get the rear ones changed too.

Yes, the rear light cover is very easy to remove. I used two of these -> http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-festoon-2w-t10-100-lumen-white-6-led-vehicle-light-bulb-stainless-steel-dc-12v-13428

And I am very happy with the result.

Hi Denis, I have already ordered these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290559358244&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Hope they are the right size......

I had the 6000K hids delivered today. I put them on as soon as I got back from work! Looks good but im gonna check how much better light it gives tonight.

I have attached some pics of the hids and also the front interior lights. Once i change the rear ones, i will upload pics of them too.

post-38134-0-63439300-1304624556.jpg

post-38134-0-17849400-1304624613.jpg

post-38134-0-31398800-1304624642.jpg

post-38134-0-84124400-1304624682.jpg

Hi all,

I have changed the rear interior lights to the LEDs. Looking good.......at night!!

I am now looking to change the footwell lights to the neon tubes. This i am hoping to wire it to the existing wires. Any suggestions on which tubes to buy?

I will be looking for white coloured tubes.

Thanks in advance guys.....

• 3 months later...

You do know that if you have HIDs then you should also have headlight washers and self-levellers by law? Don't know what a vigilane MOT man would do.

dont know who gives you your info........as long as they are alighned correctly theirs nothing a mot tester can do....they are a pass...

their is talk of changes in the mot ie using a/m hid kits but nothing as yet and wont be for a while...

i have the hid's fitted in all of my lights ie fog/main and dipped best money i spent

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links