Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels Warranty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

word of warning.

I tried to get my wheels replaced under warranty (58 reg. 220d se mm) due to pitting on the spoke part of the wheels but Lexus Leeds would not replace two of them due to the previous owner trying to make them look better by touching them up with spray paint.

• 1 month later...

Just had three of my alloys replaced outside the 3 year/60K warranty which expired in January. Becuase I had the last set of alloys replaced last July, they were covered under the 12 month 'parts' warranty. They refused to do the fourth wheel, as even though it was as pitted as the others, there was some light kerbing evident.

Interestingly, the part number on the standard 10-spoke alloy has recently changed, and the dealer suggested this may have been due to improvements in the anti-corrosion protection. They couldn't confirm this though.

I just hope these alloys last longer than 9 months / 10K miles. I still find it incredible that a 'prestige' car maker can't make alloy wheels properly (or screw the cabin together properly!)

Hi

word of warning.

I tried to get my wheels replaced under warranty (58 reg. 220d se mm) due to pitting on the spoke part of the wheels but Lexus Leeds would not replace two of them due to the previous owner trying to make them look better by touching them up with spray paint.

I assume you didn't purchase the car from Lexus Leeds.