Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Wing Mirror Help

Hi all,

Hoping you can help, my is300 wing mirror looks like some liquid inside is leaking over parts of the mirror, anyway I can repair this? Is this an mot failure?

http://img638.imageshack.us/i/dsc01358m.jpg/

Or this is a replacement only? I have called Lexus and the cheapest I have been quoted for just the mirror is £210??!!! The breakers can only supply is200 mirror, and not is300 ones, are they the same?

Thanks

its the chrome coating on the heating elements which has deteriorated, the is300 and is200 mirrors are the same, but try to get one from the same model year, the glass is easy to change i did a tutorial in the knowledgebase

its the chrome coating on the heating elements which has deteriorated, the is300 and is200 mirrors are the same, but try to get one from the same model year, the glass is easy to change i did a tutorial in the knowledgebase

But don't the mirrors differ in that the IS300 has auto dimming rear view and wing mirrors and the IS200 doesn't???

Cheers

Dave.

But don't the mirrors differ in that the IS300 has auto dimming rear view and wing mirrors and the IS200 doesn't???

Cheers

Dave.

Thats the interior one isnt it? not the wing mirrors.

Thats the interior one isnt it? not the wing mirrors.

The IS300 spec sheet on this forum says..... "Photochromatic rear view mirrors" I also drive a car with just auto dimming interior rearview mirror and i can tell the difference between that and my IS300 as i do a lot of night time motorway driving and the wing mirrors seem to be anti glare etc too.

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i am aware the side mirrors dont anti glare, and have never done on the mk 1 is200/300 in any market its sold in

its only the rearview inside the car that has the antiglare function

They do on the 300..... And we've had both an IS200 and an IS300. msn-wink.gif

I guess the one's who've replied on here must just be lucky then. :)

Cheers

Dave.

as far as i am aware the side mirrors dont anti glare, and have never done on the mk 1 is200/300 in any market its sold in

its only the rearview inside the car that has the antiglare function

Well i have a 2002 IS 300 factory standard auto and mine has rear view mirror AND both door mirrors heated and auto dimming function! Maybe the leakage on the mirror glass is to do with the polarising material contained within the glass?

Try ORMI he seems to know his stuff!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links