Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu Error P1660 After Injen Intake Installation

Hi guys, im Luca from Italy

i just installed the injen intake system SP2096

on my new is-f

after the installation the VSC check engine light was light on my dash

i discover that also traction controll it's disabled and i can drive the car only on " drive " mode , not anymore using sequential shifting option

i have read on internet that lot of people have problem after installation of an intake, but i dont find the right solution.

i tried to:

- reset the ecu by pulling out the 2 fuses

- reset the ecu by disconect the Battery cable for 1h

- checke all the vacuum hoses and cap and all are ok

- i read that the engine ecu code error is P1660

also after reset the error code in a official lexus center, the VSC light come off after few second when i drive the car.

i dont know what to do, i spent lot of money for the car and i dont want have problem with this injen...but i want install it on my car.

please if you know something about it, if there are some test to do for find what is wrong , please let me know it.

thank you to everybody will answer me

Luca.

Hello and welcome to the LOC,

If you had no problems before fitting the new intake the only way to be sure it is now causing a problem is to refit the original and see if the fault codes go away.

The code you have P1066 translates as "Intake manifold air control solenoid short to positive" so I would recheck the wiring and plug to this device especially making sure you haven't trapped or damaged anything whilst fitting the new intake.

Either that or the new system is incompatible.

Hello and welcome to the LOC,

If you had no problems before fitting the new intake the only way to be sure it is now causing a problem is to refit the original and see if the fault codes go away.

The code you have P1066 translates as "Intake manifold air control solenoid short to positive" so I would recheck the wiring and plug to this device especially making sure you haven't trapped or damaged anything whilst fitting the new intake.

Either that or the new system is incompatible.

you talk about p1066...maybe you wrong when you write it, but we have the error p1660...

could you please tell me if this error code it's "Intake manifold air control solenoid short to positive"

i will check again all the wires , hope to find th solution

really thank you

Luca.

Sorry my fault I looked up the wrong code,however I cannot find a definitive explanation for P1660 as it will be manufacturer specific so it would need a Toyota/Lexus dealer to read and interpret the code meaning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, im Luca from Italy

i just installed the injen intake system SP2096

on my new is-f

after the installation the VSC check engine light was light on my dash

i discover that also traction controll it's disabled and i can drive the car only on " drive " mode , not anymore using sequential shifting option

i have read on internet that lot of people have problem after installation of an intake, but i dont find the right solution.

i tried to:

- reset the ecu by pulling out the 2 fuses

- reset the ecu by disconect the battery cable for 1h

- checke all the vacuum hoses and cap and all are ok

- i read that the engine ecu code error is P1660

also after reset the error code in a official lexus center, the VSC light come off after few second when i drive the car.

i dont know what to do, i spent lot of money for the car and i dont want have problem with this injen...but i want install it on my car.

please if you know something about it, if there are some test to do for find what is wrong , please let me know it.

thank you to everybody will answer me

Luca.

Hi Luca

According to the manual P1660 is INSPECT VACUUM SWITCHING VALVE ASSEMBLY (FOR AIR INTAKE CONTROL) so I suggest taking a look in that direction. Maybe a connector on or something

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links