Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres...

Hi folks.

Car geometry being done at CLCM in Edinburgh this afternoon and I'm going to need a new set of tyres, AGAIN!!!!!

I'm looking for everyones recommendations. Currently have Toyo's on the car which are a great tyre but just don't last very long so I'm looking for a tyre thats going to give me good wear rates.

Whats everyones thoughts on the Falken tyres?? Which is the better, the FK452 or the ZE 912??

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Looking forward to reading everyones replies...

Get they tyres done 24 hours before going to CLCM. He would have told you that. I have 912's and dont have a problem with them. But I dont drive like Jenson Button. BTW, CLCM are brilliant. What a bit of kit he has. Its the best £49.50 I spent on my IS200.

Hi folks.

Car geometry being done at CLCM in Edinburgh this afternoon and I'm going to need a new set of tyres, AGAIN!!!!!

I'm looking for everyones recommendations. Currently have Toyo's on the car which are a great tyre but just don't last very long so I'm looking for a tyre thats going to give me good wear rates.

Whats everyones thoughts on the Falken tyres?? Which is the better, the FK452 or the ZE 912??

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Looking forward to reading everyones replies...

Hi there,toyos are great(had them on my mazda zedos 6) but because they are made of a softer compound they do tend to wear pretty quick,personally wouldn't buy falkens, had them on the rears of my IS 200 when I bought it and think they are cheap and nasty,since changed to Goodyear F1 asy,had Bridgestones on my 1st IS 200.

Car geometry done today at CLCM and felt the difference right away. Here's hoping things stay as it should and I get some decent tyre life rather than the 14,000 miles I've managed to get out the Toyo tyres that are on the car just now!!!

So, has anyone else out there got any other suggestions for tyres??

I'm curious with what Scudney's concerns are with the Falken tyres being cheap and nasty. Have you had a bad experience with them or something else??

I'm being tempted with the Falken's to be honest with you and am just debating between the 452's or the 912's.

Any further info, experience with either of these tyres from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.....

I changed from the stock Bridgestones (after 4 years) to Uniroyal Rainsport 2s just before Christmas.

All I can say is that they are the best tyres I have ever owned.

Road noise has dramatically reduced and near non existent, grip is phenomenal (especially in the wet) and I bought them for £80 a corner fitted.

You can check out tyre reviews for the IS200 here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Lexus/IS200.htm

Seen that you want to put Falken's on your car and I would recommend them. I put two on the rear - Falken ZE912 and have had no problem and they are quieter than the Bridgestones I had previously. Paid £138 fitted and balanced.

You didn't say what Toyo's you have? I had T1-R's on my IS250 which were excellent and didn't find tyre wear an issue (far from it). However, I have Toyo 'Proxes 4' on my IS200 Sport and they are even better. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3's on the IS-F and cannot fault them except maybe cold weather performance, but nothing to really compare them against yet.

Ive had T1Rs on mine for years and cant fault them, currently got conti sportcontact 3 on them and i have to say there is quite a difference in noise, im finding them so much quiter.....they stop really well too.... ive heard a lot of good things about the FK452's and thats probably what im going to try next!

You say you noticed a difference straight away after getting the geometry done, what did you notice?

As for tyres, I'd go with Eagle F1, I've never heard a bad thing said about them. Toyo T1R are supposed to be a very good budget tyre, but they've got pretty soft sidewalls and don't cope so well with cars weighing 1400kg+

Does anyone find their car to understeer? I've got Dunlop SP Sport 9000s which I had on my old e36 and thought they were amazing, however, I find I get a bit of understeer on the IS200. Is it a handling trait of the IS200 or do I need new boots?

Right, the tyre choice is now definitely down to one of the two Falken models as money is having to play a major part in the decision.

There is only a tenner between the 452 and 912 tyre from where I'm getting them from so it really will be down to recommendations.

Does anyone have any positive/negative comments about either tyre?? I'm looking for a good all round tyre with good wear rates.

Good comments from people so far and generally the 452 seems to be winning the race unless others can recommend differently??

All comments welcome...