Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yes, its not the most economical, but it works fine and has a good torque. I also tried is250, it could have more power from that thirsty engine. Is220d seemed better, although usually I prefer petrol engines.

Before that I had a petrol powered Mercedes, and Lexus is WAY more sheaper to run. I dont even remember when and where I last refueled it. Im happy.

Edited by janey

• 10 years later...

Hi, I am thinking of buying a second hand lexus today. I've just been reading about the fuel consumption and the other problems people have been having. I am beginning to think that it's maybe not such a good idea. Any advice? 

Also, they are only asong £2,200 for it. It seems to have had a lot of work done to it and reads very well but I can't help thinking, if something seems to good to be true then it probably is! 

Apparently selling due to needing a smaller car, could this also be because its too expensive on fuel, especially with the increased cost of fuel at the minute 🤔

I'm also thinking these cars could be pretty costly to get fixed. Would I be right? 

Thanks in advance! 

Are you thinking of getting a Diesel engined Lexus?……..then please don’t, no matter how cheap it may be to purchase you may end up with a money pit ( don’t just take it from me but please check a bit deeper!)

Petrol, then that is a different matter ie, IS250 will not cost you much in the long run on repairs compared to many others and especially a 220D. Diesel is much more expensive than petrol right now and the economy ( when it’s running correctly) is not a million miles away from a 250 when driven on longer journeys, having said that you don’t want a diesel for short ( time & mile) journeys anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tracie said:

Hi, I am thinking of buying a second hand lexus today. I've just been reading about the fuel consumption and the other problems people have been having. I am beginning to think that it's maybe not such a good idea. Any advice? 

Also, they are only asong £2,200 for it. It seems to have had a lot of work done to it and reads very well but I can't help thinking, if something seems to good to be true then it probably is! 

Apparently selling due to needing a smaller car, could this also be because its too expensive on fuel, especially with the increased cost of fuel at the minute 🤔

I'm also thinking these cars could be pretty costly to get fixed. Would I be right? 

Thanks in advance! 

Stay away from IS220d. You can buy IS250 (2.5L V6 Petrol) for similar money.. ~£2500 will get you a car with about 120,000 miles but don't be put off it as long as it looks looked after and has a good service history. My IS250 gets 24-30mpg around town (depending on how I drive it) and 42mpg on the motorway at 70mph. This is generally better than the diesel and mainly a hassle free ownership. 

IS250 auto all day long.

I should of bought an IS250 over a 220D. Lasted 18 months and HG went at 187,000 miles. I liked the build quality and all airbags, basic SE kit, colour. Not the economy, late 20's early 30's, turbo lag, mismatched gearbox.  Like my 1996 petrol Volvo 940 auto estate on 206,000 miles.

Have a Auris Hybrid estate which is good and £0 road tax as pre April 2017.

I class the IS 220D as a smallish car as shortly after passing my test went from a hatchback to Volvo 740, 240 and 940 estates.

James.

Lexus.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links