Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Juddering Coming From Front Wheels On Full Lock

Can anyone help? I've had my IS 250 Auto (07)plate for 3 years now and whenever I have the full lock on to the right I feel a juddering coming from the wheel (as if it's gonna come off). However it doesn't happen when I have full lock on to the left. Has anyone come across this problem? Is it dangerous and what action do I need to take? Hope you can help.

It's the tyres skipping rather than rotating. It happens on all the second generation IS's, including the IS-F. Get someone to take a look when you have it on full lock. Happens in reverse on full lock too, especially when the roads wet or slippery.

Hi

I had the same problem and when i mentioned it to the dealer at its last service he explained the same reason - the front wheels tilt when on full lock and it is the tyre struggling to grip at that angle. nothing to worry about and not dangerous, they all do that.

Hi

I had the same problem and when i mentioned it to the dealer at its last service he explained the same reason - the front wheels tilt when on full lock and it is the tyre struggling to grip at that angle. nothing to worry about and not dangerous, they all do that.

Many thanks for the prompt response. I must admit this has happened for as long as I can remember.Glad to hear it's not about to fall off anyway. Cheers.

It's the tyres skipping rather than rotating. It happens on all the second generation IS's, including the IS-F. Get someone to take a look when you have it on full lock. Happens in reverse on full lock too, especially when the roads wet or slippery.

Many thanks Tango

• 2 years later...

Hi guys newish member here. picked up my is250 auto in june 2012. have noticed with cold weather that my tyres on full lock when going forward or backwards judder/skip along the tarmac. Now whilst i can see it would appear a common problem can anyone here suggest why it happens more so the colder the ambient temperature is and is there any solution to this problem? would a different tyre manufacturer or different tyre pressures help? i hope someone here can help. just to mention a great site and am on here most days of the week.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

With tyres having both differing compound and tread patterns the actual make and model of tyre can make a difference.

In cold weather the compound becomes harder and hence why the problem is more noticable in colder temperatures, winter tyres also have a different compound to summer tyres.

If you take matters to the extreme with F1 cars the tyres have to be maintained at a certain temperature to gain the necessary grip the car needs, if the tyre temperature drops so does the grip, so applying this to normal road tyres the lower temperature also results in lower grip hence why the full lock judder is worse when cold.

Hi Steve thanks for your reply. i have standard fit bridgestones on the front but was wondering is this a problem that can be resolved or do I have to live with it. Dealer has said that they all do this but quite honestly find it hard to believe all IS 250 owners have to put up with this. Can this problem be cured?

I think this has already been covered both here and many times previously on other postings. It's normal with standard tyres however I do not experience it when using winter tyres, that have a softer compond.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links