Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 'new' Ls400 "live The Dream"

Yes Malc. The previous (only) owner didn't baulk at spending the money, just as well, means I won't have to worry for a while!

Banjo, hi; Guess your cambelt was probably changed because of the age rather than mileage covered then ?

Good low mileage example too.

Malc

Probably 10 years / 100,000 miles since the last change then would be OK. At 24 years then ! Beggars belief doesn't it.

Mines only done 39,000 miles now and the cam belt was changed in 2004 at 3,100 miles !!( not by me tho' )

Malc

Probably 10 years / 100,000 miles since the last change then would be OK. At 24 years then ! Beggars belief doesn't it.

Mines only done 39,000 miles now and the cam belt was changed in 2004 at 3,100 miles !!( not by me tho' )

Malc

WOW, you are lucky to own such a low mileage one....mine has 214k on, but still drives like a dream!!

Mike

Guess I'll be keeping mine forever then :winky:

Just can't see me changing it as I only do 10,000 miles a year in the Lexus. BUT of course some unhappy event might take place that would write the old lady off and force me to buy another one. 8 years now driving a LS400 and there's nothing to compare so far as I'm concerned. :hehe:

And of course my " old " model has so, so little complex technology to go wrong compared to later models.

Malc

Well done mate. £2600. I've got a Dec 97 Mark IV with 117k on it. Think I'd get £2k for it?

Its still running well, but I'm thinking of buying an '07 460 in the summer.

I'd be grateful for any hints or thoughts. How does the build quality compare with the Mark IV?

Well done mate. £2600. I've got a Dec 97 Mark IV with 117k on it. Think I'd get £2k for it?

Its still running well, but I'm thinking of buying an '07 460 in the summer.

I'd be grateful for any hints or thoughts. How does the build quality compare with the Mark IV?

Maybe it is better to start your own topic for this. That way the search option stays more accurate :)

Belated welcome to Lexus ownership, Stuart. I'm still amazed by my Lex (similar age to yours but higher mileage) and don't regret taking the plunge. I'm not a practical type so use an ex-Lexus/Toyota mechanic who has his own business in Hove, in case you need any advice or work doing.

Thanks Scribe, I've PM'd you to get that mechanics details in case I need him.

Stu

Curious to know where (ish) you are in West Sussex, I'm in Worthing so may be able to offer help if ever needed?

Phil

Belated welcome to Lexus ownership, Stuart. I'm still amazed by my Lex (similar age to yours but higher mileage) and don't regret taking the plunge. I'm not a practical type so use an ex-Lexus/Toyota mechanic who has his own business in Hove, in case you need any advice or work doing.

Stu

Curious to know where (ish) you are in West Sussex, I'm in Worthing so may be able to offer help if ever needed?

Phil

Hi Phil

I'm in Steyning, literally just across the Downs from you. I'll give you a shout if I'm in need.

Many thanks, Stu

Stu

Phil

Hi Phil

I'm in Steyning, literally just across the Downs from you. I'll give you a shout if I'm in need.

Many thanks, Stu

Hi Stu, thanks for the reply. Hopefully you'll have years of trouble free motoring! I've mentioned this before, I would have been satisfied with a year of owning the LS but it's been over 3 now and thanks in part to the great advice from the LOC.

All the best

Phil

Not that many (active)Scottish members here :(

True but we are trying, thanks to the Scottish roads my 92 LS is about to get a new set of rear shocks and strut arm bushes, so im active in the Lexus just not enough on here :crybaby:

If the only meet is going to be South of the border, just think of the luxurious journey getting there :lol:

Welcome Stu to the most amazing forum I have had the pleasure to be part of, I bought my LS400 because I like a big car and after a year I still have no plans to get rid of it which goes against my "different car every few months" record, the information you can get on here is astounding :blink: