Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Buy Or Not To Buy An Rx400H

Right this is the dilemma,

I've got the opertunity to buy an ex-company RX400h it's a 2007 SE-L

Now the price is likely to be Circa £12,000 which isn't bad until you clock that the mileage is going to be around 120,000 when it's available.

It's one owner and I know it's been serviced religiously, only issues are it needs some stone chipping on the nose sorted out..

Is it worth it at the mileage given that it'll have no warranty of any kind..?

Will you get a lexus warranty with that mileage does anyone know?

From the Lexus website:

"All vehicles must have less than 140,000 miles when the extended warranty is taken out"

So you'll be ok on that front. Presumably the car has a full Lexus service history that you'll need to be able to start the extended warranty. £995 a year for a warranty is quite steep though. If you did go for it then I would definitely recommend taking out the Lexus warranty as normal dealer repair costs seem to be totally INSANE!

Yeah it's a bit of a bargain as it's coming out of a company lease scheme...

So I could take out the extended warranty for £995 - which would cover me for at least a year with my mileage (circa 15k) If I then renew it before the 140,000 mile limit are you covered once the mileage exceeds that?

if you are buying the warranty price it for 24 months and pay by interest free direct debit, 24 months will result in a lower monthly premium than 12 and they then can not increase in in 12 months !You can always cancel the debit if you sell, mine went up from £800 last year to £1000 this ! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links