Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

cars self locking

I usually lock it while I drive to work in Slough. One day I think it unlocked when I stopped the engine. Not sure though - I might have just caught the button on the door without realising it. It's never happened again and I've not had it lock by itself.

Hi, my car self locks. If you disarm but don't open any door excluding the boot it will re-lock its self after 20 seconds. I know this as I locked my keys in the boot due to the re-locking. If you contact your dealer this security feature can be dis-armed.

the car will re lock if you have disarmed the system and do not open a door, but what mats talking about is the car locking itself without the button on the key fob being activated as in my situation:

came back from shops, key out of the ignition getting stuff out of the boot and i heard a clunk and the doors had locked! WTF! i had the key in my hand and had not pressed the lock button - I was holding it by the key fob.

anybody else had this - apart from mat!:mad:

...oh and sometimes the boot opens on mine while its parked out on the street - but thats down to my 2 yr old daughter getting hold of the keys! :D

[Edited on 3-4-2002 by javadude]

• 3 weeks later...

Good job I read this. I thought i was going mad! This has happened to me a few times know ie taken key out of ignition and then didn't get out of the car straight away and then found that the doors had self-locked.

Glad to know that I'm not cracking yo, I was sure that I had not hit the button on the door!