Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, guys. don't know if this is me having a moment or wheather this is how the gear box works.here goes- when in sports mode ie flappy paddle/ stick shift indicator showes gears 1-6, on this occassion , on the computor screen -had on gear position.now one would think they would both show the same gear ie flappy gear 6 . gear position 6 but no,it showes 5. it would appear the auto box still dictates when it wants to change even thou you have shifted to top gear via flappy padle. also notice ,for instance coming to say a junction and forgetting to down shift gears so stop in 6th the gear position on the computor screen showes 1st . as i say the gear box over rides sports mode.[ hope this make sence] anybody else notice this.or is just me having a moment. the car is an 06 model

What you experience all sounds like normal behaviour.

The auto box will not allow you to say select 6th if your speed is not high enough and the same coming down, if you fail to down shift the box will do it for you.

Thanks.

What you experience all sounds like normal behaviour.

The auto box will not allow you to say select 6th if your speed is not high enough and the same coming down, if you fail to down shift the box will do it for you.

Thanks.

thank you for your responce

Just to add, if you have the gearbox selector displayed, and you try to select say 6th at 40 mph it will show a "." or period in the display despite showing that you have selected 6th gear. Note that the 5 will be displayed to the left of the "." or period to show you are still in 5th gear despite trying to select 6th. Up the speed to say 45-50mph and 6th gear will indeed now be selected and displayed in both fields.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links