Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear Bumper Indicators

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a set of THESE from the good old US of A.

Now I need to get the clear side repeaters as well, but they seem readily available in the UK.

Next upgrade will be THIS

The indicators are a very good price.

The side repeaters (at least on MKIII) are early MR2 and often on .co.uk or available by Googling. They are a direct replacement, clear rather than amber but otherwise identical.

The rear lights look good too. I tinted mine.

Hi ruud, I'm also considering doin the clear light option. Just a thought and someone on here will know the answer.....

The inner light clusters on us spec cars seem longer to me as they have shorter plates, I.e. Less gap. Does anyone know if this is correct and if fitted would they cause a problem to uk plates ?

Google us spec cars and you'll see what I mean.

Are they longer or am I imagining it lol

Steve

Am now confused, just googled us ls400 .some cars have what I'd call a normal gap for uk plates, some only have enough room for a us style plate. I'd certainly make sure of what spec I was ordering.

Hi ruud, I'm also considering doin the clear light option. Just a thought and someone on here will know the answer.....

The inner light clusters on us spec cars seem longer to me as they have shorter plates, I.e. Less gap. Does anyone know if this is correct and if fitted would they cause a problem to uk plates ?

Google us spec cars and you'll see what I mean.

Are they longer or am I imagining it lol

Steve

You're imagining it. The one's ruud has bought should fit no problem although I would add that the ones I got are aseriously tight fit.

Of course, if you mean the rear lights, that could be a different matter.

I'm not sure about the mkIII, but the US mkII seems to have a slightly different front bumper - no fog lights. The indicators look about the same though.

That didn't work, lol

Not good at links and pictures posting.

Open link then scroll down and open the rear car link.

Some us cars seem to have these wider lights

Steve

I see what you mean. the lights in THIS are def. wider

But it's a canadian car ;)

Yep ,that's how you do it,

That was just the first one I saw on a google search, if you type us spec , loads come up, some are like uk cars and some are the longer type.

Just wanted to make you aware of the two styles before ordering. Hard to tell from a pic when not on the car.

Boot key holes won't line up and plate figment would be a mare.

Steve

Yep ,that's how you do it,

That was just the first one I saw on a google search, if you type us spec , loads come up, some are like uk cars and some are the longer type.

Just wanted to make you aware of the two styles before ordering. Hard to tell from a pic when not on the car.

Boot key holes won't line up and plate figment would be a mare.

Steve

Indeed, I must admit I had not taken that into consideration.

Thank you for pointing that out :)

http://www.speedstersource.com/NEON/TL_LX_LS400_90_4PCS_RC_PLUS_BL_CLR_B.jpg

Here's the pic of the car in your link, if it works lol, I think the inners look long, but email the seller before purchase to be sure.

Hope that helps.

I've seen the longer ones in ordinary red/ orange spec too. Us options must be different.

Steve

Just enlarged the link and you can see they butt up to the us plate behind their logo so I'd say their the long ones. Always worth email them to see wats available though

I will email him.

I'm sure there will be other UK Ls oners with these kind of lights fitted....

The side repeaters (at least on MKIII) are early MR2 and often on .co.uk or available by Googling. They are a direct replacement, clear rather than amber but otherwise identical.

How did you tint them Steve?

I take it you didn't tint the reflectors?

How did you tint them Steve?

I take it you didn't tint the reflectors?

I think its all here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=70084&st=0&p=738519&hl=tint&fromsearch=1entry738519

The US style rear clusters will not fit UK spec cars without modifications the inner clusters are wider, the boot key lock will not align and bulb layout is different,straight fit on Celsiors though.

lexusrear002.jpg

lexusrears.jpg

fogsoff.jpg

Make sure the new clear indicator clusters are watertight my decided to leak on one resulting in a rusty reflector,may be a good idea to run some clear silicon around them before fitting.Replaced with a set of smoked one which look good on silver models.

I noticed the extortionate P+P on the rear light sets,more than the purchase price,plus you will have to pay import tax and VAT if they get pulled by HMRC!

lexus004.jpg

The US style rear clusters will not fit UK spec cars without modifications the inner clusters are wider, the boot key lock will not align and bulb layout is different,straight fit on Celsiors though.

lexusrear002.jpg

lexusrears.jpg

fogsoff.jpg

I'm not sure about the tint. I think I prefer a clear, fresher look. I do prefer the Celsior headlights though. Looks much better in 1 piece.

Hello Rud----I have replaced my rear lights for the US style,with only a slight problem,there is no H.I. reflector in them all you have to do is replace the white U.K. bulbs with RED bulbs which you can buy anywhere. Now the problem is I don't know how to download pictures otherwise I could let you see what they look like---any offers please!!!

Hello Rud----I have replaced my rear lights for the US style,with only a slight problem,there is no H.I. reflector in them all you have to do is replace the white U.K. bulbs with RED bulbs which you can buy anywhere. Now the problem is I don't know how to download pictures otherwise I could let you see what they look like---any offers please!!!

You need to upload your pictures to a site like www.photobucket.com , then copy the IMG code and paste it in the text box here

You need to upload your pictures to a site like www.photobucket.com , then copy the IMG code and paste it in the text box here

I have tried Photobucket but it won't let me in for some reason

Did you register there first?

Alternatively you can email them to me at: ruud@lexusclub.net and I will post them here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links