Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

mike_01

Hi all, got standard is200 17" rims on my altezza and I'm in need of a set of 4 tyres as one is comming close to the limit and the other 3 are all different makes, which does't help the handling and feel of the car and they are 225 allround, was wondering if I could put 225/45 on rear and 215/45 on front, or 225/45 all round, has anyone done this or just keep to 215/45 allround also what should the load index be is 91 w ok and what sort of tyres is everyone running as I was thinking either pirelli p6000 or toyo t1-r, many thanks for help

If you want really good grip i would go for yoko prada spec 2's. I would stay away from t1r's simply because they dont have reinforced side walls and with the weight of a altezza it will shred the edges of the tyres quickly. Only problem with running 225 on the back and 215's on the front will be the profile of the tyres will be slightly diffrent, this may make the abs light flash, it has been known on other cars in the past too.

could you tell me if this is correct, I went to my local tyre dealer and got some prices for tyres and he said that I need the load index rating which I think was 80 and the speed rating to be what the manufactures state which was a z rating otherwise in would invalidate the insurance, had a look at black circles but doesn't say anything about this, cheers

The load rating is fairly important to get the best out of a tyre. You see specs like XL, or 97Y which are for heavier cars. See tyre manufacturers' sites for availablity listings for each type and size. Tha handbook should specify what you need. Some tyres are available in standard and XL. Some are only available in one or the other. I don't know how the insurance stands on this but I don't think it's dangerous to have the wrong load rating.

Ah thought as much, needs to be right though but I think that guy was trying to get me to buy expensive tyres plus having to order speciall rated tyres, think I'll go else where cheers guys

Also reading up I noticed alot of info on the inner tyre wear problem, has this been sorted now or is it still a problem, as I'll need traking doing as my steering wheel is out, would I need to get it done by a proffesional place with the super alignment computer or just your average jo quick fit? cheers all

A simple tracking check should centre your steering wheel OK, and may well be all you need. I would rather pay the extra and go for full geometry check and adjust, as you dont really know what's been done to it in an earlier life.

Worth trying to get personal recommendation for a good place, as a poor mechanic can negate the good equipment

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links